Track insert

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
f3rry
Track insert

Post by f3rry »

Everytime i try to put a jingle into a mp3 by pressing alt and sweep it into the mp3, it doesn't goes in the mp3 but gets in the playlist.

It worked correctley with the first version when it was introduced, but after that i only have problems with it.

Sorry for my but english, just hope you understand Bernd.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Track insert

Post by radio42 »

I can not reproduce your issue here! It seems to work as designed.

When I drop a track to a playlist entry, the Track-Insert-Transition dialog comes up, letting me choose a transition.
The selected default transition is the 'VO_StartWithCueInOrEndWithRampOfNextTrack'; which works es expected.
This however (as by design, if no Ramp position exists), will keep the inserted track as is in front of the related track.
If no Ramp cue-point exists, you might try the 'StartWithCueInOfNextTrack' transition.
f3rry

Post by f3rry »

i'm now back to version 4.0.0.2 and it works how it's supposed to. There are some higher versions that sometimes does or doesn't work, but the latest version, doesn't do it at all. He drops in the playlist and not in the mp3 file.

I do get the dialog where i can choose a transition, tryed them all, but didn't work.
f3rry

Post by f3rry »

if you would like, we can do a teamviewer session, so you can see what is happening.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please read my post above again.
And note that the transition type has changed in the last versions!
Previously the default transition might have always started with CueIn even if no Ramp was set. This behavior however was changed based on several user requests. That's why you might experience a different behavior now.
f3rry

Post by f3rry »

No no no no, i have read your post and i understand what's happend. I believe you don't understand me.

Let me try to explain.

I start playlist, load some mp3's. Deck A is loaded, deck B is loaded. Now i press Alt, select an spoken jingle from the explorer window with my mouse and drag it to the mp3 that is loaded on Deck B.

A have made a ramp position on the track before. What happens now is that he unloads the mp3 on Deck B and puts the spoken jingle on Deck B instead. I select the transition mode, click OK and listen to whats happening.

What happens than is that he played Deck A to the end, than he played Deck B with the spoken jingle and then he playes the mp3 that was unloaded.

This is not how it's supposed to happen. I tryed all transition modes, but nothing works.

-----

The latest good working version for me is 4.0.0.17.

Deck A is loaded, deck B is loaded. Now i press Alt, select an spoken jingle from the explorer window with my mouse and drag it to the mp3 that is loaded on Deck B. What now will happen is that the loaded mp3 on Deck B will stay there and the window with the transistion mode will popup. I select one, click ok and can see that the spoken jingle is loaded in the mp3 on Deck B on the ramp position.

Now deck A played to the end, Deck B starts and the spoken jingle starts on the ramp position i have set.

My computer is an HP Intel® Xeon® 5140 Dual Core Processor 2.33 GHz with 4GB Ram Windows 8.1

I'll wait for the next update, maybe it will works again. For now i use version 4.0.0.17

Grts ferry
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This explanation is much better ;-) in your previous posts you did not mention, that the tracks of the playlist are already loaded to the DJ Players... I'll test this scenario...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A v4.0.0.23-beta is available, which fixes your issue - so "Check for Beta-Versions..." (located under the blue question mark icon menu at the very top right).

It also includes a new 'StartWithCueInOrEndsWithRampOfNextTrack' transition, which in opposite to its 'VO:' counterpart would always use CueIn if no Ramp position is set.

In addition you can now specify your (default) Sweeper Transition type in the general settings, mixing section.
f3rry

Post by f3rry »

Hi Bernd, i have tested it. It's almost like it was. Now this happens:

Load mp3 to deck A, Ramp possition set, Press Alt and drag jingle on the mp3 in the playlist, Insert transition mode pops up and click ok.

Now he unloads the mp3 on Deck A and replace it with the jingle.

Now i have to select the mp3 in the playlist and put it back on Deck A and then select the jingle in the playlist and put that one back on the mp3 in the playlist. Then he adds the jingle inside the mp3.

So it works, with some extra handling but that's not a big issue.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What transition have you selected?
How long is the Jingle and how long is your Ramp time?

When you say it unloads the track in A, it sounds like your Jingle might be longer than the ramp time?!
If that's the case, your described behavior is correct, assume you are still using the VO_StartWithCueInOrEndWithRampOfNextTrack transition.
As if the Jingle is longer than the Ramp time, the sweeper must start before the actual track...

Else I can not reproduce your issue! If the the Jingle is shorter than the Ramp time and I hold down the ALT key and drop a Jingle onto the playlist entry marked with player A, B or C or any other it works absolutely as designed here!

NOTE: Do NOT drop a Jingle directly to the player! That would in any case always replace the players track, no matter if you hold ALT or not! May be this is what you are doing?
If yes, drop the Sweeper to the playlist entry instead!