Timeupdatesync hard fade and player bug

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
djcohh
Timeupdatesync hard fade and player bug

Post by djcohh »

So, in the newly created playlist. With top 3 tracks loaded into dj players, when I insert timeupdatesync element in between those tracks, one of the dj player seems to duplicate a same entry in the playlist.
Also, when a timeupdatesync is set to hard, eg. 12:00:00 and when the time nearly hits 12, the tracks before the timeupdatesync is removed as expected. BUT when 12 is hit, the player doesn't fade to the next item! (shouldn't that be normal behavior?)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Timeupdatesync hard fade and player bug

Post by radio42 »

I need to check this in details, please give me some time...

Yes, it indeed seems to be a new bug related to the latest UI lib I am using...they changed some behaviors, which noch causes this issue.
I'll see to release a new version soon...

UPDATE:
The issue does ONLY happen in manual mode when the 'Follow' option (see the main tab) is turned on.
In automatic mode resp. when the scheduler is running, this option is automatically turned off!
As such please turn off the 'Follow' option when using Time Update syncs (as TUS are anyhow designe for the automatic mode) - so I assume, that issue is not too critical...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new v4.0.1.0-beta is available (so "Check for Beta Versions...") - which should fix the above issue...
djcohh

Post by djcohh »

I just tested out the beta version, the hard fade bug is fixed but the player duplication bug is not.
My playlist is on Preserve, NO follow enabled.

In the following image, I inserted TUS element "before" the Feelings track, in the playlist the track is unloaded BUT in player A, the track is still there!

When the TUS hits, the track Feelings is loaded into player B, but in player A still has it loaded in! The playlist shows that player B is playing the track BUT in dj players the actual player that is playing the track is player A.

radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In practice a TUS can actually never be loaded/placed in between two already loaded tracks? What is your use case for doing so?
I'll take a look anyhow, but I think this is just a theoretical case which in practice can/will never happen.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Found it...will provide a fix with the next update...
As a workaround...create the TUS 'below' the loaded players and the shift the TUS up in the playlist via ALT+arrow-up-key.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A v4.0.1.1-beta (so „Check for Updates…“) is available…