Song History Bug

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Mike_C
Song History Bug

Post by Mike_C »

Hi Bernd,

i think there is a bug into the song history.

PFOA put the songs into the history even if they don't get played.
Song History Bug.jpg
Song History Bug.jpg (456.68 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
the top of the hour is already visible so the song under won't be played but are written in the global song history.
Song History Bug.jpg
Song History Bug.jpg (456.68 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
here you see the new playlist for the next hour and all the files are in the global song history.

can the history of the songs when they are realy played other wise he skips songs i never hear but are in the song history.

i find it very difficult to make a good radom playlist so that it picks different songs and not rotate with the same songs.
i'm not a radio dj so some therms i don't understand.
i have 3 playlist who are repeating, 8:00=a, 9:00=b, 10:00=c, 11:00=a, ... and so on, i thing that i hear some songs to often from a libary that has about 700 songs and a other libary has 2000 songs.
Libary.jpg
Libary.jpg (417.91 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
i hope you can give me any assistance.

Greetz Mike.
Attachments
Song History Bug2.jpg
Song History Bug2.jpg (366.71 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Song History Bug

Post by radio42 »

Whenever a track is scheduled to a playlist (no matter, if it might be played or not - as this is not known yet) will at that time (the time it is scheduled) be placed into the history - so yes, this will be ahead of its actual playtime, in advance.
This is by design and correct, as otherwise, other tracks to be scheduled might not be checked accordingly and might result in duplicates.

However, once a scheduled playlist is closed and a new program is starting a new playlist, any un-played tracks of that previous playlist will be removed from the history again.
Take a look to your last screen-shot: here you'll see, that there is no entry anymore for 'R.E.M.' or 'Powerplay' - as those have probably never been played and thus removed from the history again.

Regarding your 2nd question: The random function is indeed pretty random, but random also means, that the same track might be picked again... E.g. here is a random number sample: 1, 7, 3, 9, 4, 7, ... - as you can see, the number 7 might occur even before all other numbers are used.
I do not know your script, neither your history settings, but what gives the best results is actually to combine/alter the script-line modes 'Random', 'LeastRecentlyPlayed' or 'LeastTimesPlayed'.

E.g. instead of the following script-lines:
1. Random, Lib-A
2. Random, Lib-B
3. Random, Lib-A
4. Random, Lib-C
5. Random, Lib-A
You might use:
1. Random, Lib-A
2. Random, Lib-B
3. LeastRecentlyPlayed, Lib-A
4. Random, Lib-C
5. Random, Lib-A

In addition take a look to the 'More Global History Options...' and do not use the Strict checks and specify some useful values for Artists and Albums, e.g. the following global history settings might be good:
Global Song History: 50
Use Extended History Check: yes
Force TAG Reading: yes
Albums: 10
Artists: 10
Title: 20
Use Strict Check: no
Keep Global History Persistent: yes
Mike_C
Re: Song History Bug

Post by Mike_C »

Thanks for the Quick anwser, i will make the changes and look into the history file.

Greetz Mike :D