OnUserLogin event does not fire when scheduler is off

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Havenstad FM
OnUserLogin event does not fire when scheduler is off

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

You fixed the other issue with this event when the same user logs out and then logs in again.

Today i discovered another issue. If i start PFOA with the commandline parameter '-scheduler stop' or with the scheduler setting "Auto Start Scheduler" set to OFF, the OnUserLogin event is also NOT firing.

It probably has to do with the fact that the login window is now presented to the user much earlier in the startup process. My guess is that most PFOA modules including the scripting engine have not even loaded yet, resulting in a logged in user without the processing of my login script commands.

Can you please look in to this...

Kind regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM
Havenstad FM
Re: OnUserLogin event does not fire when scheduler is off

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

I've checked a bit further and indeed other events are not firing as well if the scheduler is off. If i for example put some scripting commands in the OnSetMaster event and start with commandline parameters "-master -scheduler stop" none of the commands are executed.

The manual clearly states:
-master
By default ProppFrexx ONAIR starts in master mode and neither the OnSetMaster nor the
OnSetSlave control commands are executed. Using this command-line option enforces to start
ProppFrexx ONAIR in the master mode and such the OnSetMaster control command is
triggered at startup.
Therefore this seems to count as a bug ;)

Kind regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am afraid that this is not a bug.
Starting PF with any command line wouldn't change any user and has nothing to do with changing a user at all.

I'll take a look to the -master command line though.
What other events are you talking about?

However only next week when I am back...

If you need to perform certain tasks at startup you should use the Application.OnStartup event.
Havenstad FM

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

I think you misunderstood my message. I know that using a commandline parameter has nothing to do with changing a user. Let me try to explain it better (?).

I enabled UAC and therefore every time PFOA is started the user will have to login. My expectation is that the OnUserLogin event will be triggered every time a user logs in. But this seems not to be the case when the option ''Auto Start Scheduler" is OFF. It even seems that no events are triggered at all when this option is off.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Make sure 'Enable UAC' is ON and 'Auto Start Scheduler' is ON
2. Put a script command in OnUserLogin event, i.e. SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW OnUserLogin was triggered
3. Close PFOA
4. Start PFOA
5. Login as administrator
6. Observe that the alert window pops up with the text 'OnUserLogin was triggered'
7. Set 'Auto Start Scheduler' to OFF
8. Close PFOA
9. Start PFOA
10. Login as administrator
11. Now the alert window will not be shown which indicates the OnUserLogin event was NOT triggered

The same thing happens if i start PFOA in steps 4 and 9 with the argument 'scheduler start' / 'scheduler stop'

With kind regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM

PS. Can't wait to see you back home ;) but i still wish You to enjoy your vacation...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What Edition are you using? Is it the ENTERPRISE Edition?
As the Master/Slave function is only available in the Enterprise Edition. Thus the -master command line option is ignored in the other editions.

The same goes with UAC, this is also only available in the Enterprise Edition.

I just tested exactly your scenario and here it works perfectly fine!
The Alert Window is shown with the OnUserLogin event, even if 'Auto Start Scheduler' is OFF.
Havenstad FM

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

We have 2x ENTERPRISE here.

I must be ready for a vacation too, because i just tried to reproduce the case on both machines, but now it works flawlessly every time.
Sorry to have bothered you, and thanks again for the support.

Regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM