Program Time Error

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
bebo_saed
Program Time Error

Post by bebo_saed »

Hello Bernd,

i need a fast support please

when i create a program for example at 12:35 to 16:15 it reads fine in the time grid in the scheduler table but when press into the program editor it says start time is 13:35 to 17:15 (+1 hour), how to fix this?

if i insert any new program for ex 01:00 it enters 00:00!

PS: this issue is in all Scheduler Programs
Attachments
Program Editor
Program Editor
Screenshot (53).png (162.72 KiB) Viewed 7529 times
Scheduler View
Scheduler View
Screenshot (52).png (57.73 KiB) Viewed 7529 times
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Program Time Error

Post by radio42 »

If you need a fast response consider purchasing a support contract ;-)
(see here: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/purchase.html#support)

Which version of PFOA are you using?

It looks, like you are working on a 'recurring' program entry?
Are you editing the 'series' or the 'occurrence'?
If you are editing the 'series', the program editor dialog would show the start time of the recurrence of the initial program entry and NOT the start time of this individual occurrence.

However, if this also happens when you create a very new (non-recurring) program entry - then I can only assume, that you somehow have (mis)configured you local date and time settings within windows.
The scheduler control uses local time, whereas the input fields in the program editor do use your display settings/formats as defined in the windows date and time settings?
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

i dont know how this problem came up, all i know that when i configured my new device and restored the previous settings of on air, while noting that the machine's time is +1 hour, i adjusted it perfectly then opened on air to find out this issue!

and yes this issue happens when ever i make any new program, recurring or not, it always shift 1!

please advice
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

By the way i did adjust the time by only turning of the Daylight Saving time
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

ok i figured it out

in 2012 we here in cairo has canceled working on daylight time saving since then till now

in updated versions of windows the option for turning on automatic daylight time saving has been removed (the check box) cause the time is now unchageble (that what was the old windows is on)

the current windows version seems to be older than the previous one so, the check box is here for the same location and it was automatically checked so wither i check it or not, PFOA scheduler has always this issue.

what fixed it that i changed the time zone into another city with the same timezone but with now daylight time option (as the old windows i first had) and here we go, it works fine and the issue has been resolved!

Unexpected bug!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yeah, that is an odd scenario!
However I guess the behavior of the scheduler is still correct though ;-) Even unexpected, but there is not much to do about it...

Glad you found it!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So it is an (older) .calendar file from another PC which was written while the time zone was -1 hour (probably due to DST)?
However, what you can try is to shutdown PFOA...
Then switch your Daylight Saving time temp. Off.
Restart PFOA... open the scheduler to see, if the problem still exists.
If not, leave PFOA open and change youDaylight Saving time On again.
Then check again in the scheduler...