Loaded KeepStreamAlive livestreams play on reconnect regardless of their previous playing status

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Bo98A
Loaded KeepStreamAlive livestreams play on reconnect regardless of their previous playing status

Post by Bo98A »

To reproduce:
  • Add a URL address to a livestream.
  • Enable the KeepStreamAlive option.
  • Load it up to a player but do not play it.
  • Disconnect and reconnect to the internet.
  • Observe how the stream starts playing after reconnection even though it was never due to be playing in the first place.
This can be an issue when a stream isn't due to start yet, but is loaded up due to Auto Play. This can also be an issue if you have the stream loaded in a player in another playlist open in the background.
Bo98A
Re: Loaded KeepStreamAlive livestreams play on reconnect regardless of their previous playing status

Post by Bo98A »

Thank you! That seems to work now. Though now I can't seem to get KeepStreamLoading to work with livestreams when Auto Play is enabled.
Bo98A
Re: Loaded KeepStreamAlive livestreams play on reconnect regardless of their previous playing status

Post by Bo98A »

Ah, apparently KeepStreamLoading only retries for 5 seconds rather than indefinitely like the tooltip seemed to suggest. I was under the impression that KeepStreamLoading would not move onto the next track and you would have to "manually advance to the next track" as the tooltip suggests. Which is the correct behaviour?

Add a livestream with KeepStreamLoading enabled and click Auto Play while disconnected from the internet and you might know what I mean.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, your assumption is not fully correct.
The 'KeepStreamLoading' option is used BEFORE player is effectively started and the 'KeepStreamAlive' option is used ONCE playback was started.
So if you want the behavior you described (and in any case advance the stream even if disconnected only manually also during AutoPlay), you need to set BOTH option.

Keep Stream Loading:
If the entry is loaded to a Player but the stream is at this point not available, the player tries to reconnect until the stream becomes available or until you manually advance to the next track.

Keep Stream Alive:
If the entry is played within a Player and the stream disconnects during playback, the player tries to reconnect until the stream becomes available again or until you manually advance to the next track.

I just made some tests here and it worked as expected.
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

I tried setting both options and I still doesn't seem to work like I thought it does. This is the order I'm doing it in:
  • Create a blank new playlist.
  • Add a URL address to a livestream, ticking both KeepStreamLoading and KeepStreamActive options.
  • Disconnect from internet.
  • Click Auto Play.
  • Observe how it tries for a few seconds and then gives up (row background turns grey).
Is this different from what you're getting?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Oh yes, I see what is happening, I'll fix that in the next version.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A v4.0.1.45-beta is available fixing your issue.
So please "Check for Beta-Version..." to download and install...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

?? Don't know what you mean. Please explain it in more detail.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

AutoPlay is designed to be the unattended automatic playout mode. Thus it is expected that an unavailable stream would not idle and try to reconnect forever, as this would result in unwanted dead air (silence).
So in AutoPlay mode a stream would only try to reconnect until it is due to be played.
In your scenario this is immediate and as such the next track is started and the unavailable stream is marked as played and ejected.

However I'll test it all tomorrow again ...
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

Yes, that does make sense. I would normally suggest MOD Stream Watcher wherever possible for situations like this - it wasn't me firsthand who was playing with livestream entries in a playlist.
radio42 wrote:In your scenario this is immediate
When KeepStreamLoading is enabled, it is a 5 second delay. It is immediate otherwise.

If this is all as intended then I'm happy with that.