"AutoStart Watcher with current user" adds ONAIR to start-up list rather than ONAIR Watcher

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Bo98A
"AutoStart Watcher with current user" adds ONAIR to start-up list rather than ONAIR Watcher

Post by Bo98A »

Based on the wording of the option, it would seem that it should be the watcher that is auto-started instead.

As a side note, there's also a typo in the final option - it says "ONIAR".
Last edited by Bo98A on 16 Jul 2016 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: "AutoStart Watcher with current user" adds ONAIR to start-up list rather than ONAIR Watcher

Post by radio42 »

I can NOT reproduce that here.
Is it probably because you initially started the Watcher with having ProppFrexx started with it?
In that case it would stop ProppFrexx (and this the only thing I see in your video).
But when I start the Watcher and change the related option setting, here ProppFrexx is NOT started or stopped.
So there must be something else going wrong in your case!
Which version are you using?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: "AutoStart Watcher with current user" adds ONAIR to start-up list rather than ONAIR Watcher

Post by radio42 »

The typo will be corrected in a next version.

Not sure what you mean by the options. There are the following:
- AutoStart Watcher with current User
- Start ProppFrexx ONAIR with Watcher
- Restart ProppFrexx ONAIR at Normal Termination

So which one is confusing?
The "- AutoStart Watcher with current User" options starts the watcher application with each login of that user on the Windows OS.

The "- Start ProppFrexx ONAIR with Watcher" option automatically also starts the ProppFrexx ONAIR application when the watcher application was started.

I do not see any bug here!
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

radio42 wrote:The "- AutoStart Watcher with current User" options starts the watcher application with each login of that user on the Windows OS.
This is the one that behaves differently to me. For me it sets ONAIR to automatically start-up rather than ONAIR Watcher. I'm able to reproduce it on two separate computers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42cC5bOs9j4
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

The Task Manager in the video is showing the start-up list (the list of programs that start on login) rather than currently running processes. The problem is that it's adding ONAIR to this start-up list rather than adding ONAIR Watcher.

Latest version: v4.0.1.46
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Now I see what you mean. Yes, it is the same here.
BUT.. I am not sure, if this isn't a BUG in Windows?!

Look at the Windows Registry itself:
The AutoStart information is stored at this reg key:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
and here the following entry is written:
Name=ProppFrexx ONAIR Watcher
Data=C:\ProppFrexx ONAIR\ProppFrexx ONAIR Watcher.exe

So that is actually correct!
Also when re-booting the machine it does start the ProppFrexx Watcher here!

So I have no idea, why the Windows 10 TaskManager is showing something different?!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Rollback - it is my fault - I did not put the data into quotes!
It must be "C:\ProppFrexx ONAIR\ProppFrexx ONAIR Watcher.exe" - that's why it is wrong.
I'll correct that in the next version!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new v4.0.1.48-beta is available, which should fix the above issue.
So please "Check for Beta-Versions..."