GPIO en Cartwall problem

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
moogwill
Re: GPIO en Cartwall problem

Post by moogwill »

I'm not a pro about that, but as I tried (Michel maybe you can test that) If you press a lot of switch relatively fast, you can reproduce this issue, I tried that, with localip&port, with localhost&port, and most af all, with localhost&port, and network disconnected.. I reproduced this issue, with NO NETWORK, only while I was switching some buttons from the cartwall (local Library) and some local sounds from the hardrive. it doesn't seems to be a network issue.
ANd As I Got the same trouble using airence, I Don't think that the files From Benjamin are the problem (I Asked Him about this issue 2 days ago)
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

I know now that when I do nothing at any given time the connection is gone, so not only by the cartwall buttons, I'm looking further.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

and now at restart I had a message of error that was saying gpio config was maybe corrupt.. then after reboot GPIO It asked for the password again...
on the second computer password again too but no "corrupt error message"
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When your config file is corrupt it will loose the password! As the file cannot be read.
So why does your file get corrupt? Hard disk issue?

When you say 2 PCs - are on both running the GPIO service? Using the same port?
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

Hopefully this is the solution: in the GPIO-client under the main tab, change the server address to "tcpex://localhost:9042/ProppFrexxRemoteService"

There was ip address computer instead of "localhost"

So far, that seems to have been the problem. The question now remains why all the cartwall buttons on the airlite are green when PF startup.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

both running, and you're right same port... But I don't think it's the origin of the issue, cause I changed the port of the one running airlite earlier and it was still an issue.. I changed the second one this time, wait and see, stable at the moment, but it keept runnin yesterday for 12 hours before any trouble ;)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

They are maybe green because there might be a command send with the OnApplicationStartup event - see general settings.
E.g. when you send an LED command to the Aitlite with the id 255, this will change all to the given color.
Else I guess you must ask the developer of the Airlite mapping.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Unfortunately using "localhost:port" with different port on the 2 computers did not solve the problem, I still just got the issue. :-(
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

Also here unfortunately
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I still guess you will have a network issue somehow.
I am just testing it here on 3 PCs for over 4 hours now and have no issue. And as many other users also have no issues, I am not sure what it is, but it doesn't look like a general issue/bug.
However, we need to further see, what it is in your case, but what we figured out is, that on your systems:
- it seems unrelated to the version used (e.g. a .23 generates the same issue as a .29)
- it seems unrelated to the activity, as it also happens when you do nothing at all

Is the main 'connection slider' in the GPIO client also going to 'Not Connected', when you loose the connection?