GPIO en Cartwall problem

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
moogwill
Re: GPIO en Cartwall problem

Post by moogwill »

Is there any risk for the recent changes (Media library server...) and note that airlite wasn't connected to this computer in previous versions, does all the configuration will stay as it is???
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I did not use the previous versions with airlite (Michel did) but I used on lot of previous version of PF on this computer...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But you could now - just to see, if the trouble is then gone. This would help a lot.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

SO I Just did it... i took an old version 4.0.1.35 and guess what? I'm plaing jazz piano on the switches, just as an agressive psychotic mad pianist.. and no issue at all.
As you know, when Something goes wrong, it gets obsessional with me ;-)
Last edited by moogwill on 29 Apr 2017 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

hopefully I can run my program on the second studio... as the airence does'nt use remote on, the issue is most of the time generated by switches use... with all faders up it works
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I just got back to the last update and 5 or 6 press on the switches was enough to reproduce the issue...
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Done, I tried as hard as I could, but no disconnection issue.... ;-) I'll try now in the second studio to see if airence config got the same result!!
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

here's the second good news... same result with airence... I wasn't able to reproduce te issue... Hope this little reversion does'nt ruin a lot of previous work.
Anyway, thanks for your concern and reactivity on this.
Let's now wait for Michel's feedback,
Thomas.

By the way I discovered in my latest attempt before your Beta, that when issue was active, proppffrexx wasn't shuting down as expected until you were manually Killing GPIO (don't know if it helps..)
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

I can also report good news!

On air now for 2 hours without the GPIO problem so far. Now that's remarkable with the 16 buttons of the Aitlite that all go green and keep on burning once PF is started up. I can find the OnApplicationStartup event and it also started after last week's update.

Thomas also noticed that PF was not shutdown down as expected until you were manually Killing GPIO, that was also with me.

Keep up the good work!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry but I still do not understand what the exact problem is.
There are 2 connections:
1. D&R mixer to the GPIO client
2. GPIO client to ProppFrexx ONAIR

The question is now which one is broken?

When you say you need to enter a password, it sounds like 2. If yes, you say the address changes?! If this is the case, does the IP address change as well?

If it is 1. which is breaking and it is mostly breaking when send commands quickly (toggling switches in the D&R quickly) this might indeed be a D&R issue.

So this is important for me to understand. Is us 1. or 2. causing the trouble.