script is not working

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Frans
script is not working

Post by Frans »

Hello Bernd,

After updating to the latest version (v4.0.3.33 - stable) this morning i'm encountering several problems.
When i make a new voicetracked show, i fill the playlist with a predifined script (New Playlist -> Ad Tracks from... -> Script -> OK.)
Since the update almost al the songs are skipped. In a one hour playlist there's a lot of jingles and a couple of songs.
My gues is that it has got something to do with the scripting. I pick every song through a filter (see picture). When i test this without the filters it works fine.
And what does the exclamation mark mean? (it was always there, just asking).

To avoid confusion, I'm posting the other issues in separate posts.
Greetings Frans
Attachments
Script1.PNG
radio42
Site Admin
Re: script is not working

Post by radio42 »

The exclamation mark means, that your tracks are directly contained in your global or script history!
This might also the reason why your script lines are skipped. If your filtered tracks are not matching your history settings the script line is skipped (unless you use the UseLastTrackOnFinalFail script option).

Note that in the .33 a few optimizations have been made, so that really all history settings and restrictions are honored. In the previous version this can even be seen as a bug.

So please check your history settings.
and/Or watch this tutorial video:
https://youtu.be/fJknoxnXOAQ
Frans

Post by Frans »

Hello Bernd,

Thank you for your answer.

"The exclamation mark means, that your tracks are directly contained in your global or script history!": Contained means that those tracks won't play because there's a rule somewhere that excludes that song?

I use UseLastTrackOnFinalFail on all of my scripts, before and now. Better save than sorry.
I've set the global and script history settings to 0 to test this and still no result.
I've got one big 10.000+ song directory so it's almost impossible that 99% of the scriptlines fail.

Can you please look into it.

I've switched back to the .29 version and it's working perfect.

Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes. These tracks are directly contained in your global or script history and not somewhere.

You said, you are using filters. As such we are not talking about you 10.000+ songs, but the ones resulting after your filter.

As I don't know your history settings, nor your scripts it is not possible for me to tell you more at this moment.

As explained in the other post. A Debug Log might reveal more info.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I carefully re-tested all script-filter scenarios and indeed found a bug!
In case you are using filter expressions in your script-lines, please make sure to update to the new v4.0.3.34!