Overlay 'EndsAt' option changed since update to v4.0.5.19

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Havenstad FM
Overlay 'EndsAt' option changed since update to v4.0.5.19

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

Since our update to v4.0.5.19 we noticed that our hourly news is starting too early. After further investigation it seems that the whole commercial + news + commercial block is now playing early to finish with the last commercial at exactly the full hour.

As You might remember we did setup PFOA so that every hour ends with a commercial block with the option endsat HH+00 then the news block with the option Fixed at HH+00 followed by another commercial block with option Fixed at HH+00, and the priority of the blocks is 0, 1 and 2. (See the screenshots for clarification)

This setup was working as intended, but as said, since the update the complete overlay is playing upto HH+00.

Can You please look into this?

With kind regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM

O, i can only attach 3 pictures, if you want more explanation, please let me know.
Attachments
Knipsel_1.PNG
Knipsel_2.PNG
Knipsel_3.PNG
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlay 'EndsAt' option changed since update to v4.0.5.19

Post by radio42 »

Yes, this has indeed slightly changed, as it was unfortunately not correct in the first place.
It was always intended and written, that Overlays starting at the same time will be combined (if the 'Combine Parallel Overlay' option is selected) and that in this case the first overlay defines the parameters.

As our overlays all seems to be shown at the same time (Start Time minus Show in Adbance Time) - note, that I even now added a new 'Eff.-Show-Time' value - they are all combined.

To achieve, that ONLY the Advert is started ahead and EndsAt the full-hours, simply adjust the 'Show in Advance' time for the OTHER overlays (News plus the other commercials) to e.g. 500 sec.:
- Advert1: 18:00:00 EndsAt, Show in Advance 540 sec.
- News: 18:00:00 Fixed, Show in Advance 500 sec.
- Advert2: 18:00:00 Fixed, Show in Advance 500 sec.

Doing so will play the first Advert1 so that it EndsAt 18:00:00, but will bnow combine the others (News + Advert2), so that they are played right after.
Havenstad FM

Post by Havenstad FM »

Thanks for your swift reply, Bernd.

So, not a bug but an enhancement ;-) (or a correction as you mentioned)
Allright I will adjust the show in advance times to correct this and then we will find out soon enough if everything is ok again.
Thanks again and goodnight!

Regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM
Havenstad FM

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

Just to let You know.

Since i adapted the overlay setup according to your instructions everything is running like a Swiss clock again. Therefore this issue is closed.

Thanks again for the continuing support and have a good weekend!

Regards,
Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM