Settings - Events/Commands trees unavailables

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Settings - Events/Commands trees unavailables

Post by radio42 »

In your initial post you mentioned, that is was also easy to reproduce without RDP. Maybe the same root cause?
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

Dear Bernd, I have also seen the same problem here through RDP. The server is in a data center so we don't have easy local access. I don't know what is preventing the tree view from working but if we quit and relaunch Proppfrexx, it works again.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That sounds bad. But a solution might be a) to ask Microsoft for help, as for example for the tree, I do use the biggest standard UI component available, where I could also not change anything.
Or b) you might try another Remote solution, eg. VNC, TeamViewer or alike.
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

I doubt we will have any assistance from Microsoft on such kind of "details" while we don't have the source code. Even more if it works well after we restart ProppFrexx and for a few hours or days I don't know. When we click on one arrow of the tree view, it moves but nothing loads under. Maybe something related to userprofile/roaming not stored the "right" way. Is it possible to debug it from our side? Not sure... But if we could avoid to restart ProppFrexx to edit settings, it would be great ;-)
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

Maybe this could help you to diagnose. In a different options menu, for example "GIPO/Remoting" -> "MIDI Mapping Definition". On a standard computer, I can open/close the treeview. But through RDP, it remains open, even if the arrow has turned 1/8 left.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In the MIDI Mapping it’s not the same treeview. That one has no hierarchy. I am not using the events/commands treeview in any special way. Just plain standard.
Unfortunately I really cannot change any code because of Microsoft’s RDP. And as it is all working fine locally, it is unfortunately Microsoft’s behavior which is causing it.

Have you tried using VNC or TeamViewer?
It also does not happen with every MS RDP, eg. here it works fine.
As such, it could also be a combination of the graphics driver and the RDP.
As said unfortunately, I can currently not reproduce and as such currently not fix.
I am really sorry for that!
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

I tried using ConnectWise ScreenClient and the problem is the same. But probably that if I restart ProppFrexx it will work with both RDP and ScreenClient. Do you need a test with VNC (I have no licence for TeamViewer and it became quite restrictive to use a free private version) ?
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

And by the way, now with a monitor on the server and local access, I can confirm the problem is the same. But as said also fred48fm, if we restart ProppFrexx the problem is solved, for how long, we don't know...
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

radio42 wrote: 01 Mar 2021 14:15 In the MIDI Mapping it’s not the same treeview. That one has no hierarchy. I am not using the events/commands treeview in any special way. Just plain standard.
Not the same treeview but the exact same problem. I hope it may help.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As I am not doing anything special, but only use the standard treeview, there is no solution possible on my side.
Looks like I am blocked on this issue.

Would still be good to know, why it’s something working and on other systems not?!