ProppFrexx ONAIR quits with .NET Runtime error

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
phonic
Re: ProppFrexx ONAIR quit with .NET Runtime error

Post by phonic »

Just happened again. Due to the size of the Crash dump(2,073MB) I've sent the file via WeTransfer to your email address. You should have already received a download link.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 18.25.44.png
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx ONAIR quit with .NET Runtime error

Post by radio42 »

Many Thanks! I’ll investigate!
phonic
Re: ProppFrexx ONAIR quits with .NET Runtime error

Post by phonic »

Had another error at 08:26 this morning, 5 days after last error. Have you had time to take a took yet?

Application: ProppFrexx ONAIR.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at Un4seen.Bass.Bass.BASS_StreamFree(Int32)
at ProppFrexx.MediaEntry.ReadTagInfo(Boolean, Int32)
at ProppFrexx.MediaEntry.GetTagInfo(Boolean, Int32)
at ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayContent.koCc(ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayProgram)
at ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayContent.ResolveContent(ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayProgram, System.Threading.WaitCallback, Boolean)
at ProppFrexx.ProppFrexx_ONAIR.x6Pc(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayProgram>)
at ProppFrexx.ProppFrexx_ONAIR+eMj.XoTB()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I had, but the dump was related to a different error - but NOT to this one!
Ie. I still need a DUMP file to send it to the BASS developer to analyse it... do you have one, which is related to this error?
phonic

Post by phonic »

Sorry, no dump as I had to restart ProppFrexx the last two times quickly due to crashing in the middle of live shows.
Out of hours I will see if I can move the station to backup while I restart ProppFrexx with crash dumps again.
phonic

Post by phonic »

Just had the same error again. I've this time run via crash dumps and hoping it will happen again soon.

Interestingly, this error always seems to happen as soon as the overlay opens for the traffic news update in the morning. 08:26, and this time 07:26. However, the same traffic and weather updates happen also from 4pm - 6pm, and exactly the same script and bedding tracks are used, the only difference is that the news, weather, and traffic files that are updated at x:57 each hour with the profrexx remember:

EXEC_DOWNLOAD_ FILE http://somesite.com/news.mp3|c:/locatio ... e-name.mp3
it does the above command 3 times one for each file it needs to download: weather, news, and traffic.
I'm wondering if this is the issue, as some files may not exist at that time but still tries to download a new version over the existing file.

.NET Application Error:
Application: ProppFrexx ONAIR.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at Un4seen.Bass.Bass.BASS_StreamFree(Int32)
at ProppFrexx.MediaEntry.ReadTagInfo(Boolean, Int32)
at ProppFrexx.MediaEntry.GetTagInfo(Boolean, Int32)
at ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayContent.koCc(ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayProgram)
at ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayContent.ResolveContent(ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayProgram, System.Threading.WaitCallback, Boolean)
at ProppFrexx.ProppFrexx_ONAIR.x6Pc(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<ProppFrexx.Advertising.OverlayProgram>)
at ProppFrexx.ProppFrexx_ONAIR+eMj.XoTB()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe it crashes every time with the same file, which is corrupted? As the error happens inside the TAG reading when trying to free the file after it.
But I would need the crash dump to send that to the developer of the audio lib which I am using!
Can you provide it?
phonic

Post by phonic »

What I find interesting is that it's the same audio files(apart from news, weather, and traffic files being updated via our news upstream provider at xx:56 each hour), same bedding track and same script that is used every day morning and evening time in the drive time shows, but only errors after 5 days, and appears to be in the mornings. I wound have thought if it's corrupt it would error every single time it tries to open that file. Anyway, more error handling needs adding to catch this issue and maybe skip the track if it can't open it and log the error.

Anyway, I've restarted ProppFrexx with crash dumps. Looking at the timings of these crashes you should have it in the next 4 days. I'm starting to predict when it will happen. :)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can unfortunately not cat h an access violation.
The bass library which I am using as my audio lib is written in C++ by a 3rd party vendor.
So I cannot any additional error handling.
As su h, I can only repeat, that I would need a crash dump with exactly that error.
The dump you have send me wasn’t related to the error you posted and had another reason, actually it was an encoding error during streaming, who h lied in the responsibility of the encoder.
This issue has been fixed and will be shipped in the next release, but I am holding this back, as it seemed to never happened again. The crashes you reported happened at a different location. That why I need another dump to send that to the library developer.
Unfortunately there are really tens of thousands of users of that audio lib, but no one (including any ProppFrexx users) ever reported this issue.
That’s why it is so hard to find.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 21 Jan 2020 19:42 You can unfortunately not cat h an access violation.
The bass library which I am using as my audio lib is written in C++ by a 3rd party vendor.
So I cannot any additional error handling.
As su h, I can only repeat, that I would need a crash dump with exactly that error.
The dump you have send me wasn’t related to the error you posted and had another reason, actually it was an encoding error during streaming, who h lied in the responsibility of the encoder.
This issue has been fixed and will be shipped in the next release, but I am holding this back, as it seemed to never happened again. The crashes you reported happened at a different location. That why I need another dump to send that to the library developer.
Unfortunately there are really tens of thousands of users of that audio lib, but no one (including any ProppFrexx users) ever reported this issue.
That’s why it is so hard to find.
I fully understand the complexity. Hopefully I will get the same audio error next time and have a usable crash dump along with it.
As I said, I've restarted ProppFrexx with crash dumps, and looking at the logs, you should have it within the next 4 days.