TITLE UPDATE ERROR

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Thijmen
Re: TITLE UPDATE ERROR

Post by Thijmen »

Btw, I am just looking at the icecast stream website, so not in the stream itself.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

See my answer/questions above...
ProppFrexx is not delaying anything, so you can check, when the update takes place on the server....
Thijmen

Post by Thijmen »

How do you update the stream title? Is it a POST to an endpoint in Icecast or?
Thijmen

Post by Thijmen »

This is something that caught my eye.. I have 2 servers, but the dropdown says: 6 servers started. Bug?
Attachments
2020-07-22_14h55_13.png
2020-07-22_14h55_13.png (11.25 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry, I can’t tell what you have been doing from just these screenshots.
Maybe you have created and removed many streaming servers without properly stopping them.
No, there is no bug, as this function is running for ages without changes for hundreds of users without issues.
You are also not answering the questions and topics you started but switch to something new.

BTW, the screenshot even shows the ‚Show Error Details‘ item you where asking initially and which you couldn’t find ;-)

An ICEcast Server, like any other streaming server by default uses a quite large client buffer.
So when ProppFrexx send an update title request via the standard and documented Admin API ich HTTP, the update happens immediately on the server. But till it is pushed to the listener clients depends on the ICEcast buffer size.
Thijmen

Post by Thijmen »

It was my intention to make it not able to connect, I entered wrong password to see if that would change the amount of running servers. I was able to do it with right click indeed.

When I stopped all the servers (via right click), it still showed 4 servers active.. strange.
I am using Azuracast - I have the feeling that Azuracast is pushing the title not at a speed that I like to the Icecast server.

> What is happening on your side? And when does it update on your side?
I have 2 servers: 1 dedicated icecast and 1 azuracast.
When the track changes, I see it almost instantly in the dedicated Icecast server. Obviously, I need to dig into Azuracast for this reason. Proppfrexx is doing it right.

> And how are you testing it? On the server side or on a listener side?
On server side, I keep the Icecast windows open in my browser and refresh the page and wait when the title changes.