ACPD/Next calculation using Meta Data Editor

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
sokl1
ACPD/Next calculation using Meta Data Editor

Post by sokl1 »

Dear support,
It seems that the ACPD algorythm is not the same in Meta Data Editor as in ProppFrexx On Air. I didn't find a way to multi-select titles and calculate ACPD (and especially the Next point).
Is there an option somewhere to enable it?
Thank you in advance. Best regards
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ACPD/Next calculation using Meta Data Editor

Post by radio42 »

The function logic is the same, the settings and options might be more complex in ProppFrexx ONAIR.
In ProppFrexx just hold the SHIFT key while selecting multiple-entries.
Then right-click and select: TAG and Meta Data -> (Re)Calclate ACPD
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

OK, I will try again. So it's not possible to calculate the Next point from MDE?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Of course, the Next cue-point is included in the ACPD.
All depends on the settings.
See the tutorial for details.
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

I didn't found the option to calculate Next cue-point in ProppFrexx with multiple-entries. I expected to find it in "Find Track or Explorer" - am I wrong ? - but finally found it in the playlist, right-click on a multi-selection and Recalculate ACPD is in a playlist. Even from here it doesn't work. The only way to get a Next value saved in TAG is to open the metadata (Alt-F3), 3rd tab and click ACPD button, then save meta data tag and save. Lot of clicks...
Is there no way to batch that process? Ideally from Proppfrexx Tagger.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The calculation is from within the playlist as you described.
If you want to save the ACPD to the TAG data, go to the same conte t menu and select ‚‘Save MetaData TAG‘ item!
That will do the saving!
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

I'm sorry but even with a single track selected in the playlist I can't make it work :

- right-click -> "TAG and Meta Data" -> "(Re)Calculate ACPD"
=> no impact on the duration

- Alt-F3 -> "Event Data" tab -> "ACPD" -> close the modal window
=> the duration has been updated in the playlist (even if I not requested to save)

=> "Find Track" -> search the same track -> Alt-F3 -> "Event Data" tab -> Next cue-point is still empty (so not saved in TAGs)

- right-click in playlist -> "TAG and Meta Data" -> "Save Meta Data TAGs"
=> now everything is saved and I can double check from "Find track" or from "Proppfrexx Tagger".
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The ‘Duration’ won’t change necessarily. It’s the ‘Playtime. But depending on the track and the cue-points changed, this only changes, if no cue-points have been changed at all. This depends on the calculation and your settings of course.

Once the cue-points have been changed and the duration has changed (like you calculated beforehand) the playlist would only update with a next refresh. EG. when you close the TAG Editor (which should be ALT+3 I assume you used that). Still the ACPD should have been calculated - please double check.

And Yes,
Unless you save the changes to the TAG data of the file, a next Find will still show the original data - just as you experienced it.
This is of course by design, as else, the cue-points have JUST be changed with the playlist, but not globally for the file.
It’s by design, as ACPD is (without saving) only per playlist, else you couldn’t do playlist specific calculations.
Note, the different playlists might require different segues. You can even specify Mixing calculation parameters which are specific to the previous track.

Meta Data, esp. cue-points are therefore not only stored in the file, but also within a playlist. This has by default priority.

So if you want cue-points to store permanently you must also save the TAG to the file.
sokl1

Post by sokl1 »

OK I think I have understood the problem. Is it possible that if the CueOut is already defined in the file, right-click -> (Re)Calculate ACPD has no impact anymore ? But if we open the TAG Editor and click ACPD, all cue-points are calculated. And I think I have the same problem in Proppfrexx Tagger.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is already the case, if a In, Out or Next is already set, it not automatically calculated.
Except you explicitly say so. And this is currently what you are doing. In the TAG Editor you see it in one glance, as the cue-points and the ACPD button is on the same page.
So clicking the button is expected to be on purpose here!