Problem with standby player

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Djharzerroller
Problem with standby player

Post by Djharzerroller »

I have had a problem with the standby player since yesterday. When I load a new title the program freezes. The system is still running, but the content of the standby player starts without me clicking on it and overlaying the other tracks with stuttering fragments. I only thought yesterday it was the contribution. But today I had to find out that no matter what kind of Mp3 I load in there caused this problem.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Problem with standby player

Post by radio42 »

What have you changed since yesterday?
The only thing what the standby player does when you load a track is to prepare for the output.
Maybe you changed your output configuration and your related sound card/device has an issue.
But else than that I can not think about any issue.

On my test systems I am actually unable to reproduce that behavior. As such, I don’t see any reason for it.
What exact version are you using and what have changed recently, as if this happens all of a suddenly, there must be a reason.
So either this is related to a recent change, or your system (eg. sound driver) is somehow unstable and behaves weird.
Have you tried to reboot the PC?
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

Both the overlay and the cardwall run smoothly on the audio channel. And I have neither made a Windows update nor have I changed anything in the configuration. Yesterday morning I also played an MP3 with the same player. The problem started yesterday evening when I wanted to prepare the show for this morning and loaded an editorial into the player. I was only assuming that the mp3 is damaged. Then I did without this post. And this morning at the start of the broadcast another jingle mp3 was loaded into the player and that caused the same problem again.
I have the current version of Proppfrexx on air on the PC. And also all the Windows updates that I do every Saturday. I'm still live until 6 p.m. today, only then can I test.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please test, if that happens with the files and even after a restart, as that indeed sounds very strange, especially as it started out of the blue and all of a sudden.
Is the standby on a separate output? Could that be broken all of a sudden.
And what happens, if you play the same file on standby as well as on another player/output?
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

I have now tested it and this is what happens. I load an mp3 into the standby player and it works. if I eject the title and then load a new one, it works too. But if I leave the old title in there and want to invite another one, Proppfrexx freezes. And a second problem is also with the standby player. when I open a 2nd player, load a title there and start the 2nd player, the 1st starts with
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What function is ‘invite another one’?
I don’t understand. And maybe you. An describe in detail, what buttons or menu item you are exactly using.

The 2nd problem sounds like a feature, as you can define to play the tracks in the players one by one or even in parallel.
Maybe you set some options in the standby player, even accidentally?!
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

Invite another one, by that I mean that I am loading a new title into the player even though the old one is still there, i.e. has not yet been ejected
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

It's also like that when no playlists are open. The timecode display flickers when an overlay or the standby player is running
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

?? I still don’t understand you.
Then ProppFrexx is freezing?? I cannot confirm that this is happening here on my 3 test systems.

And I still don’t know what you mean by ‚Invite another one‘?
Here nothing is freezing, when I load a new track into the standby player!

Is the flicker of the Timecode the issue or that two standby player play in parallel? Which as said could be by design, depending on the settings.
Sorry to say, but at the moment I am a bit lost.
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

the timecode display flickers both when playing the overlay player and when playing the standby player