Tagger mass edits / tag corruption

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
telka
Tagger mass edits / tag corruption

Post by telka »

Hello, I have two problems, that might be connected.

first of all, when I edit a tag on a song through PFL player in tagger and save, column produce will get a "producer" written to it even though I didn't edit that field at all. I think the tagger may be corrupting the tag, because when I open such file in Mp3tag, the songs that have this field empty show a value producer/: but those that got srewed up in tagger have producer:

When I try to fix this, by loading all the tracks into tagger, selecting all that have "producer" deleting the value, then saving, the incorrect "producer" value is back upon reload.

seems to me, that whenever tagger saves, it breaks that tag field from producer/: to producer:

Also, I can't add a second value to Style. I enter it, save tag, save file, all good. open the player again, check the tags, all good. Reload the track into tagger or rereading tags - second value gone. This seems to be a new problem, because about a year back I edited a ton of tracks with multiple values in the Style field without trouble.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Tagger mass edits / tag corruption

Post by radio42 »

I am a bit sorry, but I don’t fully understand your issues?!
What happens, if you edit the Producer value direct in the Tagger? Or does the issue?
I also don’t really understand what you mean by column produce and “Producer”. As there is no produce column?!
Can you send some screenshots so I fully get your issue?!

It also doesn’t sound like you have anything corrupted, but just an unexpected value?!

But as said, I would need a screen shot as an example, as the colon (:) as well as the slash (/) are special characters for multi-value (array) fields in ID3 notation?! Maybe here the problem is manifested.

The Style field issue might be related.
How exactly do you enter a 2nd value?
Normally the Style field is a single string, so you should enter something like: “First, Second”...!
telka

Post by telka »

Hello, thanks for responding. produce is just a typeo. in the attached screenshot, you can see the tracks those that have "producer" in the Producer column were edited (but nothing was written in the Producer field) the last track I didn't event open in the player or editor. I just right clicked it, chose save tag and save file, then chose re-read tag and boom. "producer" popped up.

So basically, whenever I save meta tags and meta files, unless there is an entry in the Producer field, "producer" gets written in instead of staying blank.

in the second screenshot, you can see how that field looks in Mp3tag. If the tag was formatted to have that field, but with no entry, it would show "producer/:" like I saw on tracks that went through older version of Propp Tagger. Instead we have "producer:" because the slash is dropped, it shows up. Is what I think anyway. Im definitely no expert.

In the style field, I recall that way back i used to separate the entries by , or ; but now the entries get ah... marked like... a complete entry? I dunno how to describe it. when you enter one word, it will get an x next to it and you can't edit it anymore, you have to delete the whole entry. But I tried anyway, addding a , between two entries, no luck either. Because I am able to see it ok when I close the track player and open it again, it gets lost only after re-reading tag or reloading folder, I think the method of entry won't be at fault here.

Maybe editing/saving on these extra, not very usual fields just doesn't work properly?

Hope I described it better. I would happily send you a video, but the attachements can't be that big...
Attachments
Bez názvu2.png
Bez názvu.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Many thanks.
I will take a look. Big files needs to be send via a link, as attachments are limited in size. Or just send them via eg. WeTransfer directly to my mail.

You might do the same with a few sample audio files.

Still no answer about the .pfmd files...

But one more question: What result do you get when using ProppFrexx ONAIR instead of the Tagger application?
telka

Post by telka »

Did you ask me something about .pfmd files? I can't locate the question...

here are some videos and the track I was working with.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

It seems ONAIR is behaving in exactly the same way as tagger.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

True :-) but it went tru my head :-)
Are you maybe using .pfmd files?
Because if you save meta data at different places (audio tag as well as .pfmd files) they might get out of sync. And this might also be a possible explanation.
telka

Post by telka »

Yes, I am using the .pfmd files, but no luck without it either. I deleted the original .pmfd file set tagger to not use them, still the same.
telka

Post by telka »

OK, I found a solution for the producer problem. Seems like the encoder used to create the mp3 files has some bug. I opend all the files in Mp3 tag and removed all tags. Now they behave ok in tagger. with or without the .pfmd files.

So sorry, probably not a tagger problem, seems like the tags were broken in the beginning. Sorry for leading you on a wild goose chase.

however, I still can't input more than one Style.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Glad to hear that and that you solved the issue!!!
telka

Post by telka »

Still can't input more than one style.unfortunately, that is the problem that I can't wor around.