Streamserverstart

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Djharzerroller
Streamserverstart

Post by Djharzerroller »

Hello Bernd I have programmed start overlays for a certain program. I start 10 different stream profiles for the 10 partner radios with the command Streamserver Start All
On Tuesday and Thursday, 2 of the radios are not there and that's why I start the stream server with the command Streamserver Start Name
This means that Proppfrexx always crashes.

what can be the reason?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Streamserverstart

Post by radio42 »

Is ProppFrexx crashing? Or are 2 streaming servers just not starting?

If ProppFrexx is crashing, please send me the file called “Error.log” contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder (eg. %appdata%\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0)
If that file does not exist or doesn’t contain an entry of the crashing date, please see the Windows Event Log viewer. In that case it might probably not a ProppFrexx but a system issue.

If only two streaming servers within ProppFrexx are not starting, it might be an issue with the servers itself. A detailed error can be gathered, if you right-click on them and show the last error- but that isn’t a crash?!
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

Proppfrexx crashes
there is nothing to be found in the Error.log file. But I took a few pictures of the other log files and of the Windows event log
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

Sorry the Picture ist to big for the system
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If there is nothing in the Error.log file, it is an error in your system or device driver. Probably a network driver, eg. there are no resources left to handle all 10 streaming connection, not enough bandwidth or even not enough IO capacity to handle 10 encoders? Hard to say, as I didn’t see your event error details yet.

But if 8 streams are working, I assume you reached the limit of your machine?

Try to send the pics via mail. But you can also export the events itself, which are very small.
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

No, vice versa, the 10 stream servers start without any problems. And run without any problems
The problem occurs when I start only 8 stream servers with the single start command
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What exact commands are you using?

If you have 10 servers, how can you start only 8 with one command?

However, it might simply be a timing issue. Eg. starting all in parallel means pressure at the exact same time, instead of one after eachother.
But this is nothing ProppFrexx can do anything about or against it?!
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

I start all 10 with the Streamserver Start All command and that works fine.

if I only start 8 stream servers, I start them with the command
Stream server start ..... (name of the stream) one after the other and Proppfrexx crashes
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That’s weird, but it must be a timing issue.
As internally it is doing exactly the same!
The ALL command loops over all streaming servers and starts them each on its own thread.
The individual command also creates a thread and starts its server.

So maybe the event log reveals something, eg. which system component causes the error?!
As said, as there is no Error.log entry, it is not ProppFrexx crashing, but ProppFrexx crashing because of a driver or device error of the system.
So don’t forget to send the event logs to me.

But it sounds you found already a good workaround to avoid the issue. Or is there a reason to use the individual commands?
Else, you can try to add the ASYNC command as the first line when you start the 8 streams.
Djharzerroller

Post by Djharzerroller »

I sent you the photos of the problem and the Windows event log on bn@radio42.com.

I have a workaround solution, yes, but that is not a permanent solution. Especially since I won't be in the studio on Tuesdays from September and the show is pre-produced. At the time of the start, I have no way of manually starting the server profiles while on the move.
So I have to completely delete the 2 server profiles for Tuesdays so that I avoid the error and create them again on Wednesday morning.