Custom countdown

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
friso
Custom countdown

Post by friso »

Bernd

Is it possible to make the following adjustments to the custom countdown?
1- make the module customizable so you can change the width en height
2- after countdown the module dissapears, and you have to enable it again. Is it possible that it does not close, and you get set a new time again in the same window.

This really should be fine if that's possible.

Friso
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Custom countdown

Post by radio42 »

? I am not sure what 'custom countdown' you are talking about and what exact use case is behind it.
Can you explain it in a bit more detail...
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

You get the custom countdown when you right click on the digital clock.
A long time ago i asked you if you can create a timer that could count down to a certain time. This i use to countdown to zero when a commercialblock starts at another system. This is what is use when i make my radio show out of my own studio.

Now when this countdown is at 00.00 the window disapears, and i have to reopen it, and put it at the right place. Also this module is not sizable.

Hopefully this makes sence now :)

Friso
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

Yes that's what i want, but about the size, it isn't customizable at the moment.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No it is not, like it currently also doesn't remember its last location.

I still do not understand what you mean by "Is it possible that it does not close, and you get set a new time again in the same window".
As this doesn't make sense with what you are now saying?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Half...
...as I am still not fully sure what you want?!
As far as I understand you, you (just) want, that the dialog (countdown) remember its position and size.
Is that all?
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

I will try to explain.
Let's say in the remote studio the playlist says that the commercials started at 18:57:12. Now i can use the custom countdown to set to this time. Now it counts down to 00:00:00 and then perfectly the commercials are started at the remote system in the other studio.

When the countdown hits the 00:00:00 it dissapers, and i have to open it again with right click mouse. Then i can again for the next hour set the end time.
When i set this, i have to reposision the countdown module again.

Also the module isn't sizable, so i have to change al the other windows around it to look a little bit right.

Friso
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I do understand that: I can save and restore the position and size - as said - that is fine and no problem to implement in a next version!!

What I do not understand was this phrase of yours: "Is it possible that it does not close, and you get set a new time again in the same window"?
No, this is not possible, as the countdown automatically closes -(just as you explained it above).
So in any case you would have to right-click again to set a new custom-countdown time.
Is that okay - or is there another feature you are requesting (beside saving/restoring the size/position)?
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

If you can implement saving size and position that would be great.
It's just that our new instance is going to be used in an mobile studio, the same way i do at home. But with the difference that more people are using the programm.
I just want to make this as easy as possible for the people, so it would also be great that it just not closes ever hour.

Hopefully you can change that also

Thanx
Friso
AladnaFm

Post by AladnaFm »

Hi Bernd,

We happen to be also discussed a countdown today.
We now have a commercial overlay with options endsat, so each hour the overlay starts at a different time.

If there is a playlist you see those red numbers counting down to the next PG OL etc. But if there is a live program, you do not see it.
Normally you can see an overlay several minutes in advance.
But what we need is a countdown timer that counts the hour to the calculated start time of the commercial overlay.

For example: next advertising overlay: 53:34 minutes

Is this possible? Or can this be done in the timecode window?

Greetings Jesper