You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
henkelar
Post by henkelar »

Hello.
I wonder if it is possible to use Skype in ProppFrexx so that you can call out when sending live.

Sincerely
Henrik L
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Skype

Post by radio42 »

Yes, you can route any WDM or WASAPI output and/or input to a related mixer channel within ProppFrexx (Skype doesn't support ASIO, that's why you need one of the other 2 driver models for that).
As such, you can route the Skype Output directly to a mixer input channel, whereas you can create/use a 'mix-minus' output channel in ProppFrexx and feed that as an input to Skype.
henkelar

Post by henkelar »

Hii again.
Where can i find more information about this?

Thanks for quick respons :)

// Henrik L
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Either in the User Manual (Mixer Setup) in our Tutorial Videos (see the General section in this forum).
Else, what exactly is not clear?

Note, that you need multiple soundcards resp. a multi-channel soundcard in order to fully support using Skype. Else a virtual audio cable/driver might do the job ()e.g. Breakaway or similar).
You must then use two different (standard) output devices within ProppFrexx and Skype.
The output device using within the Skype setup will represent an input within ProppFrexx (as the Skype output equals the listener calling in).

Basically you need to do the following:
Create a new mixer input channel (e.g. name it SKYP) - right-click on any existing mixer input channel name and select 'Add Input Channel'
In the upcoming configuration dialog, use the WASAPI driver mode and select the soundcard/driver representing the output of your Skype setup.
Note, that the WASAPI driver model offers ANY output device also as a so called 'Loopback' device (which records everything which is being played thru that output).
This means, that when you for example have configured Skype to use a 'device2' as an output; you now create an input within ProppFrexx which receives everything being played thru 'device2'.
As such you can use your SKYP mixer input channel pretty much like a regular MIC.
Just make sure, that you do not use that physical 'device2' somewhere else except for the real Skype output.
You further configure this new mixer input channel and set the 'Output To:' option to any of your existing mixer output channels.

That's it basically.
E.g. within Skype you might use your extra headset mic or your studio mic - just as you need it.
I am not sure how you want that explicitly.

As an alternative you might create a dedicated mixer output channel within ProppFrexx which only contains your music and your MIC, but NOT your SKPE input (to avoid a feedback loop)!
And then use this output device as an input device within Skype.
If that is not possible according to your setup, a new virtual device (e.g. a breakaway pipeline) might do that job.
DJ_Angel

Post by DJ_Angel »

Hi there...

I was wondering the same thing.. and what the steps are of activing the skype line while you're on the air? I've only been on the air for a few years off and on... and I'm completely new to both Proppfrexx, and being able to use call-in/call-out features during a live broadcast.
(I had someone who was supposed to show me but then left me hanging at last minute, so I'm scrambling for answers).....

I've got Proppfrexx installed on Windows 7, with the Skype setup, but I don't know the steps on how to use it during a live broadcast.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I have a live interview coming up on the 19th so I'm hoping to get it figured out by then.

Thanks in advance.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Take a look here :
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Vo ... /index.htm
The offer for free a virtual audio cable and have examples on how to use skype.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Note sure, if a VirtualCable is really required (assuming you already have a multi-channel soundcard).
With the new WASAPI driver concept of Microsoft, each soundcard output is also present as a corresponding input device.
Meaning in Skype you are using a dedicated soundcard output. While in ProppFrexx you use the corresponding input device to record the same signal in order to on air it...

Just use the steps as explained in my post above. I am not sure what you are missing then?

So during a live broadcast (when a call comes into Skype) and you want to on-air - just 'unmute' that mixer channel...
henkelar

Post by henkelar »

Hi.
Im using VoiceMeeter Banana for this, works great. Can really recommend it and it's free to use.