suggestion log file viewer

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Adger
suggestion log file viewer

Post by Adger »

The logfileviewer (which I guess is new? anyway, I just about now dicovered it and already fell in love with it) can't open a logfile of a playlist that is currently playing. I do understand that this is probably due to "open files" or something and I don't have a problem with this. But I can imagine two things:
a) Not all users might be aware of this file access collision and might be wondering "is this broken?"
b) This might become an issue when running long playlists or random / scripted playlists and using a non-date/time-based naming convention. Something "stupid" like "we are using one and only logfile for everything". Of course every user is entitled to her own stupid ideas still user might desire to open the playlist regardless of playstate...

My suggestion is: a logfile that is currently "in use" should be marked as "you can't touch this now because it is in use". This prevents confusion. Further, I could imagine the system offering to open a temporary copy of said logfile which would probably be good enough to solve the aforementioned "b)" scenario.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: suggestion log file viewer

Post by radio42 »

Good point, I'll take a look at.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Implemented in v3.0.11.01.
It will now also read files which are 'in use'.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, can this be also done for playlist logfile? So far I can not open actual playlist logfile.
Peter