Overlay enhancement

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
ExIT_FM
Overlay enhancement

Post by ExIT_FM »

Hi Bernd,

I have two questions:
1. Is that possible to recurring overlays daily but only in a time range? Eg. with the news. Play every day between 6am to 8pm.

2. Can you give more visibility for the overlays in the playlist? At the moment there's a small line right after the current song, that contains that, which overlay comes after the song. Is that possible to make a same line for the overlays like an playlist entry and the possibility to give it a custom color. I think it could be useful.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlay enhancement

Post by radio42 »

to 1:
Yes, you might simply create 2 overlay entries (resp. slots): one for the even days and one for the odd days. Plus of course the specific entries between 6 and 8. This is also needed in order to more detailed align your commercial playout assignment.
But note, that when you select the 'Weekly' pattern, you can explicitly define on which day of the week this should happen! So you can select any given week day.
Other than that, there is no real way to enhance the recurring options, as this is given by the scheduler UI lib.

to 2:
Not sure what you mean by the 'small line'... but ...
In the general setting, section 'Playlist Settings' you can under Layout specify the 'Show Next' elements...e.g. select 'Overlays Entries' here. And...
In the general setting, section 'Look and Feel' you can click on the 'Media Type Colors...' button and specify for each media entry type (e.g. News, Advertising, Commercial - whatever type you are using in your overlays) a dedicated color to be used for these entries within the playlist.
That will allow you to highlight all your needed entries!

So I assume, this will all fulfill your needs.
ExIT_FM
Re: Overlay enhancement

Post by ExIT_FM »

to 1: thanks, I'll check it.

to 2:
overlay1.png
overlay1.png (47.35 KiB) Viewed 4732 times
I'm talking about this line. Is it possible to add more visibility for that? I couldn't find anything for that. If not, can you add this feature?