MODStreamWatcher and FTE

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Joche
MODStreamWatcher and FTE

Post by Joche »

Hello,
I have two suggestions to add to the wish-list.

1. MODStream Watcher
I would like a ceckbox in the general settings to actiave Modstream watcher at startup. I know it can be done via a controlcommand, but as far as i know it is only possible if i specify all the information in the command? Another way would be a simple MODSTREAM_ON or simular to just turn it on with the settings specified in the general settings.

2. FTE
Wen I use an FTE it happends at times that a jingle is played directly before or after an FTE. I would like a way to tell the script to not insert a jingel back to back with an FTE. I have at least not found such feature. I use FTE to play a top of the hour-jingle, but it happends quite often that it plays two jingles after one another. :) (if there is a work around i am not aware of, please tell! :) )
Station manager | THE BEAT, Sweden | www.thebeat.se
andrerotgans
Re: MODStreamWatcher and FTE

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi,

2) can be done by using the script rules editor. Just create a rule telling PFOA that after a fix time element (pick that one at the column previous track condition) you don't want to have a media type "jingle" scheduled (Current track condition)
The script rules editor is very powerful, I use it for the same thing and also to prevent a jingle being played before or after the local news (which is soft scheduled around the bottom of the hour) and so on

Best regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

1. This is already possible today.
The MODStream Watcher is started via the control-command MODSTREAM_WATCHER_START.
You issue this command in the global event "Application.OnStartup" - see the general settings, section Events/Commands.

2. Please try to define a related "Script-Rule". Within the related script editor press the "Script-Rules..." button...
Here you can define a previous and current track rule, e.g. use the [Media Type] = 'Jingle' condition and select the 'Suppress' action.
Joche

Post by Joche »

Thanks for your reply. I think I got the hang of the script rules.
But the modstream. I tried to use MODSTREAM_WATCHER_START already, but it seems that it need me to specify all the options in the command as well. I would have preferred a command that just activated the modstream watcher with the settings from the general settings, i e the same effect as pushing the button in the tools-ribbon.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What is the problem with specifying the options?
You only specify them once in the command. So I guess that this is no problem for you!!
Joche

Post by Joche »

Of course I can specify them there (however I found it hard to know what to put in what place).
I am just confused why there is a section for it in general settings if it not to be used. :)
In general I prefer to use general settings instead of control commands since its more easy to know what to put in the different fields there.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

All the options are 100% the same. See the user manual for details.
And other users want to be more flexible. So I guess you have to take it as it is. It is not hard to do that just once ;-)