New Visual: Waveform with progress?

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Adger
New Visual: Waveform with progress?

Post by Adger »

It would be nice to have the waveform from the current DJ Player along with it's current position as a visual for a seperate window. This is handy for dual screen setups. Single mono waveform and the red indicator line would be great. Perfect would be the display of the APCD-points and -curves. Smart-zoom might come handy. Basically I am asking for a duplication of the waveform display along the currently playing DJ player to a seperate container / tab / window. This is handy for moderators who like to "see" the point where they want/need/should interact but can't see the DJ-players.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: New Visual: Waveform with progress?

Post by radio42 »

I'll place this on my WishList...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just a question regarding your wish:
Why would the WaveForm (beside that is a visual representation) give you any additional information?
Meaning the dedicated "Timecode" window already shows all relevant info, like remaining time, ramp or outro times etc., especially when having the 'Pie Charts' activated with it.
What additional info would a WaveForm give to a moderator (seeing that on a secondary screen only)?
Adger

Post by Adger »

You can "see" how the volume in the song itself behaves. Where does the the song have a recorded fading, where are volume gaps, etc. It simply helps to visualise picking the best point for talkuser / talkover. The Timecode only tells "N seconds till next", but it does not tell you anything regarding the song itself. Further, the timecode does not tell the user when (or if any) APCD fadeout might start or wether or not any other Volumepoints are set and how the fadeout is setup etc. Especially when using talkuser knowing these infos is really helpfull.

Again: It's just a suggestion. Perhaps there is another way providing at least the informations "time till fadeout", "time till next" without overloading the interface. In my mind using the waveform in a seperate container was the most simple way to provide a maximum of information.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Implemented in v3.01.10.34.

The last state of the 'StationVisual' window will now be saved/restored.
A new 'Visual' was added to 'clone' the WaveForm of the current playlist's current player - note, that this is a real image clone (to save CPU power), as such when the station visual window is resized, the image might get a bit blured (but that shouldn't be a real issue).