Smooth track transition

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
JWvanGulik
Re: Smooth track transition

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd,

I fear that something still is wrong. When PF now plays a track, the "Play Counter" is not updated. (What is the meaning of "0/0" times played by the way?) Also not all new scheduled tracks are the least times played, but the selection is much better than before. I now see tracks that are played, with "0" Age Last Played, but the same track also with Play Counter "0". This is not possible (e.g. today played means ate least a play counter of 1).

Any thoughts?

BRJW
Attachments
image.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not sure, when you take the snapshot.
However, I just spotted one case, where the statistic counter is initialized with a a play counter of 0 instead of 1. Guess this might be your case.
This should however not really effect the LeastTimesPlayed logic, which I guess is now indeed correct.

Also note, that internally there is an additional counter, which counts how often the track was 'planned' (via a script). This is btw the 2nd value of the "0/0" Played Counter shown above.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Well, the snapshot was taken after the song was played; date today and time 16:33:01. PF has been playing for a few hours now, and when I look in the Directory Explorer all the played songs (which before had a "0" play counter) now still have a "0" play counter while the "Last Played At" date is set to today. Question would be how PF is detecting the LeastTimesPlayed songs when the Play Counter is not working properly, both in the Directory Explorer as in the Alt+2 window. Where else is PF taking the play counter from?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Because normally a track is scheduled from a script and in this case should the 2nd internal counter be increased.
But as said, it will be fixed in the next version.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, sorry for keeping replying to this topic, but today several tracks were scheduled that were played yesterday as well. Most probably the track counter caused this issue, because (as explained) the value is still "0". Even after the second time played the counter stays at "0". I'm going to switch back to LeastRecentlyPlayed for now until this is solved.

BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A v4.1.5.1-update is available, which should now address the above initialization bug regarding the PlayCounter.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I will test it again tomorrow.

BRJW
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd,

I don't get a (beta) version uppdate when I check.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It’s a normal update ;-)
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

But PF is saying that I use the latest version, both at Check for updates and at Check for beta versions