Smooth track transition

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Smooth track transition

Post by radio42 »

A new v4.1.3.0-beta is available (please "Check for Beta-Versions..." to update), this version adds a new 'TrackStartIndicator' as well as a 'TempoStart' and 'TempoEnd' value for each track.
You can edit these new values in the TAG Editor dialog (see the 'Event Data' tab).

The TempoStart/End values are numerical values between 0 and 255. You are free to define there value and use as you like. E.g. you cn express a BPM vaue or a logical value (e.g. 50=slow, 100=medium, 150=fast) with them. 0 should be used to express a invariant resp. missing/undefined value.

These new meta data values can be used in ScriptLine-Filters as well as within Script-Rules.
There might be more options to be implemented with these new values in the future, but for a start, I believe, that this is what you can start with.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Thank you very much Bernd.

nice, just did the update and will try it as soon as possible... is the track end indicator available for script rules too??
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes it is.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

great will start test this asap
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, this is the first step towards automated smooth transition. As you write, there can (need) to be more options with this, because there also needs to be a place (e.g., in the Scripts/Scheduler section in Settings and Options) where we can define what tempi is allowed to be selected with each other (see picture in my first request). I will start testing as soon as possible and come back to you with feedback.

- JW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As written, you can already define rules via the existing Script-Rules as well as with the existing script line filters.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I just add my first rule using the track end/start indicators as a condition, a few hours ago now... that's perfect. thanks.

nice work as usual.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi both, maybe just to explain in more detail what my wish is. To me it does not make sense to create a script where it is defined which tempo to use per track. I don't want to have all my second tracks to start with e.g. a medium tempo. How is the jingle tempo selected between the two tracks then? To me there is only one solution for smooth track transition, and that is that it is somewhere programmed in PF as a standard rule for both tracks and jingles which tempi are allowed to be used after each other.
Maybe I don't understand (the difference between) script rules and script line filters. If you read the above, can you please explain to me how I can program my script for both tracks and jingles that PF automatically selects the allowed next track intro tempo?

I have a script as follows (all music tracks are in one folder and all jingles are in another folder):

1. Group C, Year <1990, Genre <> Nederpop
2. Group C, Year >=1990
3. Group D, Genre <>Nederpop
4. Group C, Year <1990
5. Group C, Year >=1990, Genre <> Nederpop
6. Group D

Loop Line: 1
Jingle Range 1-2
Nederpop is a term that I use for Dutch language songs
(C means "Power classic", D means "Secondary classic", according to the music format as most used in the world of radio station formatting)

- JW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, more general 'tempo' rules might be added in the future - this is a starting point...
However, in your initial post you did not mention any Jingle transitions?!
What are your exact Jingle transition requirements? I do not understand them either form your posts....?!
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I thought this would be obvious... ANY transition (between track-track, track-jingle-track) should take the tempi into account. So also the (random) selection of a jingle should take the outro tempo of the last track into account, and the next track after the jingle should take the outro tempo of the jingle into account. Otherwise the tracks are perfectly matched, but the jingle in between ruins the transition again.

- JW