Smooth track transition

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Smooth track transition

Post by radio42 »

The default would be something like this:
a) you are using the 'Cartwall' mode in a script to schedule Jingles.
b) In the general settings, section Logging/History you define a related GlobalRestriction
c) That GlobalRestriction is using the ScriptLine scope and specifies a CountBack of e.g. 3, which Applies to Random/Sequential (but not the Cartwall) and set the mode to 'DoNotRepeat'
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, thanks for thinking with me. Still I don't understand your description. Currently the jingles (between each track, I know, I'm a jingle freak) are planned in the script. Do you propose to plan them differently? The least requirement is that they must be planned automatically and that the tempo (begin and end) is defined together with the music tracks that are scheduled.

Something completely different. I think that with your programming skills it must be possible to design an automated radio station architecture that has even more benefits for radio stations worldwide. I just want to let you know that if you have something planned for a new generation of software, I would be more than happy to help you with the specifications for the different software modules. Maybe that my more than 25 years of radio experience could bring something to your product. Anyway, keep up the good work and as a general feedback I must say that I'm amazed by your quick responses to questions of users. Thanks for that!

BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What I can add to the next version is using the already new Streaming Option called "UseSongUpdateFilterToDetermineNextTrack" also for this feature. Meaning, if enabled, the Restriction's 'Previous Track' will only be set with tracks which also do pass the SongUpdateFilter.
In this example, a 'Jingle' might not pass and as such only Music tracks will do - thus, the regular restrictions will be based on music tracks instead of on all script-line tracks.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

That sounds like a good solution.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Greetings from Holland.
Attachments
IMG_6064-1.jpg
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Added (see above) in v4.1.5.2
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I will check this week. Thanks for the update.

BRJW
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I checked your solution and as far as I can tell this works. I was wondering however, if this does not influence the tempo settings for jingles as well. I will do some more testing, and let you know what is happening. By the way, I still don't fully understand what your solution means (streaming option, songupdatefilter???) but if it works, I'm happy. ;)

Happy holidays! -JW
inl_inc

Post by inl_inc »

I've been using this for 6 years now ...

https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... f=8&t=1133
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi inl_inc, the problem with using BPM for transitions is that it is only one value per track. In the solution by Bernd, you can set the intro and outdo tempo for each track, so that the next track will be aligned with the outdo of the previous song. Honestly, the amount of tracks that can be used (among other script settings) is quite limited. Therefore I now only use this option for in between jingles. My music library is about 3000 songs to keep the format recognizable. It runs pretty good now, but again, I cannot use the tempo scripting because to often there is no allowable track available.

BRJW