Smooth track transition

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
JWvanGulik
Re: Smooth track transition

Post by JWvanGulik »

Another question of a much smaller attitude. I have disabled the auto-BPM detection, but some tracks had already counted the BPM and stored it in the Track Data. The funny thing is that when I set the BPM to '0" and save the record, the BPM value re-occurs when I open the tracks again. It seems that it cannot be changed. Any ideas?

Thx, JW.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Well, if no track (or after a very significant number of retries) of a script-line can satisfy any rule and any history check ... that script-line is skipped.
You can set the UseLastTrackOnFinalFail script option.

I am not sure, what you exactly mean with the BPM issue?
Have you clicked on the ‚Save MetaData TAG‘ button to save the changes value persistently to the file?
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

I found the UseLastTrackOnFinalFail setting and turned it on. I'm gong to further investigate why not all script lines are possible to be selected, given the script selection and history settings.
For the BPM issue (again, not so important but really strange) I open my "All music" playlist and open a random track with a BPM number in it. Then I change the BPM number to "0" and press the Save MetaData TAG button, and after that save. Then I save the playlist changes. Once re-opened, the BPM number is back in the track settings...
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Pfff, I don't get it to work. Even with only one Script Rule line (see attached) the results are poor. I tried to include the test .txt file as an attachment but it does not work. How can I do this? Even the "UseLastTrackOnFinalFail" does not return any hits, so I end up with a playlist with skipped music tracks and double and even triple consecutive jingles. Without the Script Rule it works fine, all tracks are planned and there are no errors. Please help! :?
Attachments
thumbnail_image.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please use the ‚Test...‘ function of the script.
You can directly email me that output to take a look at.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

One additional question: why did you add an ‚Additional History‘ to your script?! This references the global history, which is already checked!
So you should remove that option from your script.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

OK. I thought that here the same history settings should be used as in the global history settings. So the script history settings should be set to "0" (Artist and minutes)?
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Is it possible to add the tempo settings to the .csv output of a playlist? I export the "All Music playlist" to a .csv file to be able to do some analysis about e.g. number of unique Artists. It could help to identify the number of slow, medium or fast tracks compared to number of unique artists.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What exact output do you mean? The Playlist Logging? If yes, you can add the field macros to your log format in the general settings.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

No, I mean the play-list export function that creates a .csv file. In this csv file, the tempi are not exported.