Smooth track transition

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Smooth track transition

Post by radio42 »

A newer v4.1.3.3.-Beta is already available adding some more Script based 'Restrictions...' - so make sure to test with that latest verison ;-)
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

It is indeed V4.1.3.3 that I downloaded this afternoon. So I'm using the latest version. A quick look didn't show me so much difference compared to the previous version. Can you tell in a nutshell where the improvements are located?
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Another question, It looks like "LeastTimesPlayed" does not give the "0" played tracks every time. Sometimes it works, but I get the feeling that this functionality is not working properly. The function "LeastRecentlyPlayed" works much better. Any idea where this difference comes from? I have a music library with around 1500 tracks with about 900 unique artists.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It should take the 0 played tracks first.
Maybe such track is however suppressed by a later restriction, history or rule?!
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

I would expect the same, but it doesn't. Sometimes, but not all tracks. It cannot have to do with the history settings, because the script settings are very "open", so a lot of tracks are possible to be selected in every script line. Anyway, the "LeastRecentPlayed" option works very well, so I use this setting instead.
I included a screen dump of my (first try) Script Rule that I created for the smooth transition topic. Can you please feedback if this will work? I'm having a few questions already. In the "applies to" column, I selected "Automatic Jingle" and "LoadTrack". Does this make sure that jingles from the Script Library Editor are also taken into account for intro and outdo tempo? In the "Action" column I selected "Suppress", but honestly I don't understand what this means in terms of results in the playlist. I read the guidance of the two settings, but it's not clear to me. Thanks for your reply.

- JW
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2019-09-19 om 16.17.25.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The ‚Suppress‘ Mode means, that the violating track is suppressed and another is tried.
The ‘Defer’ mode means the violating track is pushed back for now (also another track is tried). But the next time all so far deferred tracks are tried first....
In you case ‘Suppress’ is recommended.

The ‘Applies To’ column allows you to limit the rule for only certain script-line modes. ‘Random’ incl. the LeastTimes/RecentlyPlayed.
AutomaticJingle would apply to the script header jingle inserts for example; the others to the related script-line modes.

To figure out why and how the rules and restrictions apply or work, use the ‘Test’ button!
This should also reveal, why certain 0 count tracks are not used in your case.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hello Bernd,

After all tracks have been categorized with start and end tempo, the update to the Professional version to include Script Rules and the definition of these Script Rules, I run into some problems. The first attached picture shows my Script lines. I included the Jingles from the library instead of the cart wall because I thought they would otherwise not be included in the Script Rules. The second picture shows the Script Rule that I created. Now when I run "Test", it takes forever to come with a playlist. I have deleted all history settings except the basic settings (see picture 3). Do you see any reason why this is not working? I have spent hours playing with the settings, but nothing works so far.

Thanks again for your help.

\JW
Attachments
image1.png
image2.png
image3.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Your script rules doesn’t sound/look logically correct to me.
E.g. it says: if the previous track has a TempoEnd of 25 AND the current(next) track has either a TempoStart of 25 or 40, than Suppress that current(next) track!
It sounds to me you wanted to express the opposite, I.e.:
If the previous track has a TempoEnd of 25 AND the current(next) track has a TempoStart greater than 50, than Supress ...

You got the difference?! The rule defines when to suppress the current track. Not what is allowed ;-)

Also note, that the ‚Applies To‘ column defines for what type of script-line this rule should be applied, as such you could have placed your Jingles as a Cartwall Lib.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, thanks once more for your quick reply. That is indeed a big difference! I re-installed the jingles in the cartwall and created the
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

... Script Rules again (see picture). A much better result, but still some "blind spots". This means that not all script lines give a return, which results in e.g. two jingles played after each other. Do you have any idea where to search for this solution? My standard history is set to Artist history 30 (or 120 min).

BRJW
Attachments
image4.png