restrictions for remote voicetrackers

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
mdegroot
restrictions for remote voicetrackers

Post by mdegroot »

Hi,

It would be nice, if it should be possible to prevent some remote voicetrackers to make changes to the received playlist.

Now they can delete containers, add and remove songs etc.

We only want them to have the possibility to record there voicetracks, but not to make any other changes to there playlist.

Second, remote voicetrackers should only have to be possible to select there own hours for voicetracking. Now they can see every hour that has remote vt allowed.

I hope this becomes possible in the future.

Greets,
radio42
Site Admin
Re: restrictions for remote voicetrackers

Post by radio42 »

While I understand your request, I’m afraid that this would get a never ending story. Since the list of restrictions could get endless, from time limitations, recording length restrictions to almost everything.

To me, a good quality control and some strict violation rules and consequences will make all complex restrictions redundant.
As such, I’m afraid to not have immediate plans for that.
mdegroot

Post by mdegroot »

Hi Bernd,

Thx for the reply.
We do have strict rules with the voicetrackers, but as I see lots of errors are made by mistake.
I had someone Who sorted his playlist by name by mistake, just before sending back his playlist.

It would just make the hole system a lot safer.

Here it´s not that easy anymore to find good voices, Who also have reliable working skills.

There is a uac function for a reason I suppose ;-)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Let me ask a quick question:
Can you think of paying more money for this feature?
For example:
I assume, that such feature would only apply for commercial editions, as a non-commercial edition is anyhow only for private/hobby use.
Eg. as UAC is also only available for the Enterprise Edition, I could think of, that these additional restrictions would also always require an Enterprise Edition, as such even on the Remote Site!
mdegroot

Post by mdegroot »

We are using the enterprise edition, and functionality like this should only be available in commercial editions.
For the remote site, its more difficult.
You can´t pay for an enterprise license for each voicetracker. Most of them are also making voicetracks for multiple stations, each of them with there own playout system.
Those voicetrackers can´t buy there own license for each playout system they have to use.
We are already happy if they want to make the voicetracks for free.

Maybe some sort of web based remote voicetracking from the browser? This already exists.

A function You can sell separately.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Well, no matter how it will be implemented. It will be quite a huge effort, which needs to be financed.