Voicetracking improvement

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Farbo
Voicetracking improvement

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, I will try to explain as clear as I can. Normally when broadcasting I speak into outro of currently playing track, then automatically background sound is played during which I talk and then I use intro of next music track to finish speaking. But when trying to prerecord the whole show it is a little bit complicated because I can switch only from currently to next track. Would it be possible to have 3 tracks in voicetracking window and without interrupting recording? I know problem with inserting the voice track will occur then, i.e. where to insert it, etc. :-( I am sure we could find some solution for this together.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Voicetracking improvement

Post by radio42 »

No, VT can only use 2 tracks (as you explained, that the new VT needs to be inserted in between the two).
But you can use the Cardwall feature inside the VT to play and simultaniously record a background track while you speak.
That background track can optionally either be played via an output mixer to be recorded with your external mic - or (e.g. when using an internal mic) it might be inserted as Track Inserts to the surrounded tracks or the VT.
That exactly achives what you are looking for, so I guess no improvement is needed.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

OK, I will try that. Can this cardwall track be attenuated too?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, you can control the volume of the card via a right-click and setting the 'Volume'.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

It is working perfectly. Thank you Bernd.
Peter