Remote studio / multi studio

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
workino
Re: Remote studio / multi studio

Post by workino »

Bernd Thank you for your answer.
Yes i know it will be impossible don't have any interruption of music, but just the possibility to syncronize the playlist from the various ppoa will be fantastic so you can start a new show or just continue your show from any studio without need to load again the playlist of the day.

i will try rcm as soon as i can.

Thank you very much for your answer.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I understand what you are saying.
But in order to really synchronize ALL states between 2 machines (so that scripting might resume seamlessly) a tremendous effort is needed!
The failover scenarios you describe should 'normally' never really happen. And with 'never' I mean, that they should occur for example only once a year.
And as such I consider it unproblematic, if in case of a failover the script might restart and does not perfectly resume where the other machine failed!
If a failover scenario happens more often - you should seriously investigate the reason and invest in more stable hardware.

The above mentioned Master/Slave heartbeat notification can already be used in failover scenarios.

If in your example 'studio A has a hardware failure': there never ever a chance to recover without any interruption of music!
Just think of it a bit more serious: Music is being 'streamed' in real-time to a soundcard driver via small buffers...if you power off your machine - that buffer is already dead...how should a 2nd machine take over without interruption of music?
So I am afraid - that what you are asking for is simply impossible.

Or/and the possibility from Studio B to tell to all other ppoa online asap studio b will be the master
This is already possible...see the Master/Slave concept and take a look to the 'RCM' button within the main mixer channel. You can already toggle between Master and Slave mode like you explained it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But that is possible today.
Just put all your scheduler data (calendar), scripts and media libs to a central server.
That way 2 or more PF instances can share and access the same data.
If you pre-prepare your playlists in advance and schedule them each PF instance can pick them up from that central location.
In case a scheduler is started on another instance late...the related playlist is automatically rolled forward to the effective playtime.
workino

Post by workino »

Ok yes i think about it but without a "sync position" when ppoa import your playlist you need to find the point it was arrived.

(i don't know if ppoa just remove all items was played)

I'll extend my licence asap so i can make some better test
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, if a scheduler starts a program 'late' - that program is automatically rolled forward to the current time.
So yes, try it out...