Microphone talk over

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Dolkis
Microphone talk over

Post by Dolkis »

I have two thins that I want to inplant to PF.

Can you maybe make an inputt for the Microphone channel, so when Im pressing F2 the Microphone mute right away insted of it to wait for the talkover to go upp to 0DB?

And this is hard to explain. But I have used 2 other radio programs that using this setup in the talk over.
(radioplanner and Octimax studio)
Instead of the talkover its lovering the music all over, its just lovering when I am speaking.
Like this I think:

The songs starts and Im not speaking in the first 5 secs (its 0DB)
Im starting to say "hello My name is Andreas Dolk and Im going to be with you untill 17.00" (over this the DB is -20)
after this Im not speaking for like 5 secs again and the music is still on 0DB.

What do you think about this? I can make a soundcheck for you if you want. Or maybe show you one of the programs.
www.soundicradio.com - Dance Pop Top 40
szal77
Re: Microphone talk over

Post by szal77 »

Morning,

Your request about talkover-sensitive ducking (if I may call it that) sounds a lot like this question about side-chain compression, which Bernd is not planning on implementing at the moment (Bernd, please correct me if I’m wrong :)). On a side note to this, in my opinion, 20 dB is a whole truckload of ducking that almost fades the music completely; I currently use 7 dB, and this is fine for my mic to be loud enough and at the same time still hear the music playing while talking.

I, for one, am not sure what you mean by “an inputt for the Microphone channel”. But I would support your request of making the point in time when the mic channel is muted after toggling F2 to turn off TalkOver (or releasing F2 when using Push-to-talk) configurable. And while Bernd would be at it, he could do the same for opening the Mic channel on turning on TalkOver. In both cases the limits should be at the actual toggle point and at the point where the fading finishes; any point in between should be configurable. — I know it’s not the best description, but I hope you get me here. :)
Dolkis

Post by Dolkis »

http://www.mixcloud.com/andreasdolk/sou ... m_upload=1

There you can listen how I ment with the sound
www.soundicradio.com - Dance Pop Top 40
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Talkover sensitive ducking is a complete different storry than side chain compression.
However I might take a look at it...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

An 'Auto Duck' feature was now added to v3.0.12.00!

See here for details: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=822