End of an hour fill option

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
andrerotgans
End of an hour fill option

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

I do some consultancy work for a (semi-new) local station, and as such am trying to implement Proppfrexx into their wishes. In the Netherlands it is still common use to have the top-of-the-hour start fixed, in order to schedule the national news at exactly **.00. Sure, I told them about the option to float the news using the soft option. But as for now they really want to use the fixed one.

However, when doing so, we end up sometimes playing a very short piece of the last song in the hour. I.e :

**.53.40 Song X
**.57.20 Song Y
**.57.50 Overlay (Commercials)
**.59.44 Start TOTH and news

As you can see, in this case we will only play 30s of song Y.

Would it be possible (I guess the best place is at Program Scheduler entry level) to add an option where PF at the end of an hour checks the remaining duration 'till the next overlay against an user defined duration ? And if this remaining duration is less, it will play audio from an configurable media library ? That way PF will play a filler instead of a short part of a song.

I'll keep telling them about the soft option (which in my humble opinion sounds better than playing a filler)

Kind regards,

André
andrerotgans
Re: End of an hour fill option

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Yes, of course, I'm sorry. I did mean as an option for the Overlay Scheduler.
The Bridget tracks looks promising, I'm going to try this out. However, if I read it correct, it will start looking from the Show in Advance moment and it will fire of the bridge track the very first time a tracks ends. But, as service to the DJ's we'll show the overlay around 5 minutes before actual start. That way they can use the feature you've created (hover on the status to see the actual starting time).
When using the bridge track option with this setting, it will start the bridge track way to early. It might be an option to make the monitoring moment independent from the Show in Advance timing ?

Kind regards,
André
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

It's just that they feel safe to see that an overlay is coming up and when it will start, I'll look into changing that time. I just asked them 'do you want to know when a commercialblock is coming up and if so, how much in advance'. Wish I hadn't ;-)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But they can also see ALL upcoming overlays in the 'Upcomming Overlay' popup window...
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Shure they can, however, in that window it's not possible to see the scheduled starting time of an overlay. No problem, I'll figure out a way which is acceptable for them !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

?The scheduled starting time is shown in the upcoming overlay window!
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

The scheduled start time of an 'ending at' or a soft overlay is not shown, as far as I can see ?
Upcoming Overlays.jpg
Upcoming Overlays.jpg (75.19 KiB) Viewed 9988 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

For the 'EndsAt' option the effective ending at time is displayed - I'll see, if I can also display the effective start time accordingly here.

However, for the 'Soft' option the planned start time is displayed - the effective start time can of course NOT be calculated, as the currently playing track's remaining time for a future event can not be predicted at that time ;-)
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

I understand, and as stated in my original question, I'm not interestend in the soft overlays. That's the nice thing of them, the softness ;)
However, if you can add the effective start time to the endsat overlay, that would be welcome !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The EndsAt time display should now work in v3.0.11.48.