End of an hour fill option

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: End of an hour fill option

Post by radio42 »

I guess you also mean an option in the Overlay Scheduler (for an overlay entry)?

However, the option is already available and can be achieved with the BRIDGE TRACK feature:

PROGRAM SCHEDULER ENTRY:
A bridge track might be used as a filler right before this program actually starts. This to prevent a subsequent track of a currently running playlist to play for only a very short time.
The bridge track will always be played looped.
As a program comes up early (ahead of the actual start time, see the general Program Start Time) the currently running (previous) playlist will be monitored at this time. If a current track of that playlist will end during this time, the bridge track will be played until the effective start time of this program.
Note: The general 'Minimum Bridge Track Time' is also considered, if the remaining time (til the actual start time) is less than this minimum time, the bridge track will not be played and the program just starts early.

OVERLAY ENTRY:
A bridge track might be used as a filler right before this overlay actually starts (only if the 'Suspend Program' option is selected). This to prevent a subsequent track of a currently running playlist to play for only a very short time. The bridge track will always be played looped.
As an overlay comes up early (ahead of the actual start time, see the 'Show in Advance' time) the currently running playlist will be monitored at this time. If a current track of that playlist will end during this time, the bridge track will be played until the effective start time of this overlay.
Note: The general 'Minimum Bridge Track Time' is also considered, if the remaining time (til the actual start time) is less than this minimum time, the bridge track will not be played and the overlay just starts early.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure, if that is possible - I need to look into that...
I still do not understand why you need to show it 5 minutes in advance?
A shorter time should also still give the user plenty of time...?!
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Thanks !

One more question regarding the bridge track. I'm setting up new commercial overlays and when entering the EndsAt-one to play before the top-of-the-hour (as discussed in this thread earlier), it doesn't allow me to pick a bridge track. I can pick one, when changing the type of overlay to one of the other options (fixed, soft).
Bridge track EndsAt.png
Bridge track EndsAt.png (35.97 KiB) Viewed 4918 times
So, as far as I see I'm not able to use a bridge track before a EndsAt-overlay ?

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Oh yes, that seems to be a bug in the 'Advert Pattern Wizard' not correctly enabling the bridge track field.
Please use the regular Overlay Scheduler to edit the Bridge Track field as a workaround.
It will be fixed in the next version.