Voice Tracking stand-alone tool

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
alexbryntesen
Voice Tracking stand-alone tool

Post by alexbryntesen »

Why not create Voice Tracking as one of the stand-alone tools? Not necessarily for free, but to a slightly lesser amount than the full installation of the program.
In studios where there should only be done Voice Tracking you do not really need to install all the software.
alexbryntesen
Re: Voice Tracking stand-alone tool

Post by alexbryntesen »

First I want to say that I think the program is very full of functionality. I have worked in local radiostations here in Norway for many years and it is difficult to find a program to suit all needs.
For a time, I actually used Proppfrexx .NET with Winamp. Today we use Jazler 2, but I think this is not as flexible as I want in our radio station. Therefore, I want to look for a new software. Yes, Proppfrexx is quite reasonable in terms of cost.

Our radio has one main studio that is on air all the time, while the other three are only production studios, which was why I had the idea of ​​a separate Voice Tracing application.
So you think we can use the Enterprise version in the main studio and the Profesional version in the other smaller studios? They work well together?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Voice Tracking stand-alone tool

Post by radio42 »

Theoretically this would be an option, but so far I am not planning to do so for the following reasons:
a) the pricing is already very low compared to other products...
b) a stand-alone VoiceTracking module would require many of the internal stuff (like eg. the whole Audio-Engine, Cardwall-Libs, Playlist-Management, etc.)
So basically only a 'few' things might be dropped (like the Overlay Handling, certain Scheduler functionality etc.)
c) creating and maintaining an extra module will cost extra time and money...but if the new module will cost a slightly lesser amount...?!
d) you can work today with the existing solution which only costs Euro 199 resp. Euro 349 for a VoiceTracking enabled edition...that is really not much

So in the end you just want a cheaper price for your VoiceTracking seats?!