Midi Learn Feature

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Gary Mac
Midi Learn Feature

Post by Gary Mac »

I think it would be a great feature to have 'Midi Learn' facility to assign channel strips and stuff out to control surface interfaces.

This is a common feature in thinks like Cubase VST plugins. The idea is that each item like a channel strip slider or button in OnAir
has 'Midi Learn' option, so when armed, you move the slider or switch on your hardware mixer to pick up the connection and assign it
creating a saveable map.

A lot of people are technically minded when setting up most stuff but from what I know at the moment, OnAir requires some coding knowledge
to effect this feature?

What do you think?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Midi Learn Feature

Post by radio42 »

Yes, this is a great feature and it might be common for software which cost 10 to 100 times as ProppFrexx ;-)
We will see, I'll put that onto the wish list, but I am afraid, that today other features do have priority...
Gary Mac
Re: Midi Learn Feature

Post by Gary Mac »

Well that is the beauty of OnAir in a nutshell Bernd, there are playout systems that may cost 10 to a 100 times more,
but your OnAir is already 10 to a 100 times better that those systems anyway.

Adding my control surface the easy way will be the final step in making my studio setup feel real lol.

If you do implement it at any stage, it would be amazing for simple folk like me (grins).