Integration with music scehudling software in scripts

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
alexbryntesen
Integration with music scehudling software in scripts

Post by alexbryntesen »

I have no experience with external music sheduler software as Music 1, I have tried the function with importing ect. but how to get all the usual script elements into the system automatically after importing music? It all seems complicated. (As written in the forum viewtopic.php?f=9&t=701&hilit=music1)

ProppFrexx script-system is really brilliant and a great feature to create playlists in a quick way.

So my question is: How to add music from an external program as elements in the script? I have created a small image example.
Music log file in scripts.png
Music log file in scripts.png (122.42 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
A system where the script picks the music from sequential log file(s) that is generated from such software as Music 1. I do not know if this is difficult to achieve, but it is at least a small idea.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Integration with music scehudling software in scripts

Post by radio42 »

When using an external scheduler, like e.g. Music1 you typically 'plan' then whole program schedule within that external scheduler.
As such you typically must use Import feature (as referenced in the link your posted) to import that specific log.
This is because a log is designed to start at an exact time and has an exact duration resp. end time!
The Import feature as such will create a new "Program Scheduler" entry representing this exact time and convert the external scheduler log-file into a fully featured ProppFrexx playlist format.
You will notice, that a related 'Script' is also created on the fly, which then loads the playlist content...
This might sound complex at the beginning, but is pretty simple once you defined and understood the options.
Also note, that once the import options are defined, they are reused each time, which means, for the next day/schedule you simply pick the new log-file and import it with a single button click...

However, you might also use an external schedule and let it create/export a ready made playlist file.
E.g. almost every external scheduler software allows you to save/export its log into a standard .pls or .m3u playlist file format!
When doing so, you might simply use the script-line action "LoadPlaylist" to load the playlist content.
E.g.:
LoadPlaylist; C:\Scheduler Export\Music1.m3u; Count=1

For additional help see here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=777