Manual Auto Update Title to Stream

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
RedPanda
Manual Auto Update Title to Stream

Post by RedPanda »

So I ran into this problem where my file names were not being sent correct to the server when streaming. In this case I had to go into the streaming monitor and use "Set Title". I have to manually type in the song title. (Sometimes this errors occurs when 2 tracks play over top each other etc.)

Is there a way to add a command that automatically grabs the current song playing title and sends it to the server?
For example a new entry called "Send Title" so when you right click the stream in the stream monitor, you don't have to manually type in the song if there is some kind of file error, rather you can just hit the selection and ONAIR will grab the current title from the track playing and automatically (re)send it to the shoutcast server?

Might be helpful and convenient for many people. Just an idea that seems simple.

Thanks.
Females use radio software too!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Manual Auto Update Title to Stream

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure, what problems you have esp. with filenames, as the filename has nothing to do with song title updates.
It is always the TAG data which is used to update the streaming server song title.
And if the files are not properly tagged, the song titles might not be set correctly...of course.
And as such, an explicit update wouldn't help much...so I am not sure about the effective use...however...

You might use the STREAMING_SETSONGTITLE control-command together with the ${cpltracknamecurrent} macro (e.g. use it as a user-command to be set on any of the 50 available user buttons).
STREAMING_SETSONGTITLE ${cpltracknamecurrent}
will force a set/update of the song title of the currently playing track.
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

To clarify, I meant TAG data, not file name.
The reason this might be a nice feature is sometimes if there is a problem with the server updating (Not a problem of ONAIR) it's just easy to resend the tag data (Song title) manually. I can see the script/user-command you suggest, but for me, I have no idea how to use scripting etc.
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Ok, I did this.
Seems to work.
Still would be easier to have had this option via 'right click' on the server stream in the streaming monitor so we don't have to change windows.
But at least I can do it.
Thanks!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That is no 'scripting' - just do the following:
a) select the 'Tools' ribbon tab (there you'll see the 'User Commands' group)
b) click on group caption arrow icon at the lower right of the 'User Commands' group to open the the dialog in which you can specify control-commands for up to 50 user commands
c) select a user command (e.g. the first 'OnUser1' one)
d) in the 'Commands' column (just click into the column) enter the following text
STREAMING_SETSONGTITLE ${cpltracknamecurrent}
e) clkick on the 'Name' button at the end of the column and specify a name, e.g. "Set SongTitle"
f) close the 'User Control Command' dialog by pressing the OK button

Now you have specified a user command...the 'User Commands' gallery will show it.
Everytime you click on the User 1 ('Set SongTitle') button the above command will be executed, which effectively updates the streaming server song title with the currently playling track!
That's it...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I might think about adding that option directly within the Streaming-Server.