Listeners count

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Radiofreak
Listeners count

Post by Radiofreak »

Hi i have a source adress where i can see my listners count. See below how this adress looks like. Can i use this in PF?

http://source:YOURPASSWORD@YOURICECASTS ... /YOURMOUNT
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Listeners count

Post by radio42 »

You can use the build in function of a ProppFrexx streaming server to retrieve the listener count.

You might, in the streaming monitor window, configure all your used streaming servers (even if you don't connect them for active streaming) and use your admin credentials to collect all individual listener counts from your servers.

You can then use the ${streamingtotallisteners} macro to log the total number to either your playlist or global log for reporting.
The logs can be configured in the general settings, section Logging/History.
All macros are listen in the Appendix of the User Manual.
Click on the '?' mark icon at the very top right of each configuration dialog to get further detailed help to each option.
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

Unfortunately I can't get it done. I have tried all options. It is strange because the url I mentioned earlier does show the listening numbers. Which boxes must be filled in exactly? I understand it is not a software problem. Maybe someone who also has Icecast and can indicate the correct way. Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please click on the '?' icon in the streaming server configuration dialog.
To manually (without starting the streaming) retrieve the listener count/statistics you must provide the admin credentials!
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

Up and running! Thanks again Bernd ;)