Exact times for broadcast + starting of Autoplay

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
Exact times for broadcast + starting of Autoplay

Post by Farbo »

Bernd,

this is not necessary to know but I am just curious if I could achieve this:

1. PF is open but not playing
2. at exact time, let´s say before 7:00 will start scheduler and exactly at 7:00 Autoplay is started, program will start with top hour jingle
3. at exact time, for example at 23:00 program finishes with top hour jingle even when next tracks are loaded after it, but this time top hour jingle is played right on time, i.e. at 23:00. After that program will end, playlist window is closed and PF will start next program only at 7:00 again.
4. During program scheduler has to run also for reason I am using overly scheduler for hour signal so when it is time to finish program at 23:00, scheduler still has to run and it should be stopped only when top hour jingle was already played.

Does it make sense to you or do you need more information? Is it possible to achieve this behaviour with some commands or through scheduler when defining exact times for scheduler, for example to have program from 7:00-23:00 every day with the same script? But how can I achieve when using the same script that the "last" top hour jingle at 23:00 is played at exact time while in normal operation during the day this top hour jingle is played as soft and not fixed?

Hm, and what about atreaming server? Can I configure streaming server starts few seconds before 7:00 and stops few seconds after 23:00 or when the last top hour jingle is finished?

I hope you had great time during your vacation. :-)
Peter
Farbo
Re: Exact times for broadcast + starting of Autoplay

Post by Farbo »

Does entry ('On Program Started') realte to start or stop of scheduler?

You mentioned:
As such (in 'None Continuous Mode') each program would stop at its defined end time and will not continue to run until another program is started, so that after the last program (which should end at 23:00) no new program is started.

But what if there is that top hour jingle right at 23:00 but has for example 10seconds duration will it be played correctly, i.e. will it be played at all?
Last edited by Farbo on 29 May 2012 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I tried it now just with 1 hour program. But top hour jingle was not loaded at the top of tracks. It is defined to be played exactly at top hour as soft item. I think there also could be problem when normally the whole day this top hour jingle is defined as soft but only in the last hour of broadcast, i.e. at 23:00 it should be played as fixed.

Next things is that if I only stop scheduler, this will not stop autoplay so all items already loaded into playlist will be played or shall I stop autoplay through reminder? Will also currents´ playlist window be closed? I want PF closes the current playlist and then at 7:00 opens again newly generated playlist starting with top hour jingle. I could use PLS_CLOSE_ALL command but I want to close the playlist only after top hour jingle finishes and not immediately at exact time. So I see option to set it to later point, let´s say minute after stoppin scheduler and autoplay. Or the current playlist could stay open and new playlist will be started with fixed timesync. Is this also good solution?

I know this is just hypothetic case, but maybe some people are used to broadcast only during certain hours.
Last edited by Farbo on 29 May 2012 12:51, edited 3 times in total.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I tried reminder with user confirmation but no window appeared that I would have to confirm.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

'On Program Started' realte to the program scheduler entry - to which you can assign control-commands for individual events.

If there is that top hour jingle right at 23:00 to be played for 10sec. you must define the end time to 23:10.

You might also want to stop AUTOPLAY if this is needed - but the current playlist should normally be stopped at the defined End Time regardless of that.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I tried it now just with 1 hour program. But top hour jingle was not loaded at the top of tracks at the beginning of program.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You might use 'Reminders' scheduler entries to trigger such actions.
As you can assign any control-command(s) to a 'Reminder' you might assign e.g. the following commands to such 'Reminders' (i.e. one starting at 06:55 and another starting at 22:55).
06:55: PROGRAM_SCHEDULER_ON
22:55: PROGRAM_SCHEDULER_OFF

In addition you might set the scheduer option to 'None Continuous Mode' in the general settings.
And make sure, that you have NOT defined any program between 23:00 and 07:00.
As such (in 'None Continuous Mode') each program would stop at its defined end time and will not continue to run until another program is started, so that after the last program (which should end at 23:00) no new program is started.

The Streaming Servers might then be started/stopped with the respective control-command events related to your 07:00 program entry ('On Program Started') resp. your 22:00 program entry ('On Program Stopped'). Use 'STREAMING_SERVER_START_ALL' resp. 'STREAMING_SERVER_STOP_ALL'.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is due to the same issue as reported here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72

It will be fixed with the next version.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

OK, I thought so. Will wait for next release.
Peter