Scheduler Start Options

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
Scheduler Start Options

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, could you explain scheduler start options? Is it possible to reach the following?

1. I have schedule for the whole day, i.e. from 00:00 - 00:00
2. new playlist for next day is always opened at midnight

3. I need to start the next program in the same playlist window as the one which is currently playing.

How can I achieve it? I have activated in scheduler start options "start current program in current playlist" and "ignore any open playlist". But it is not working as I supposed to and described in points above.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Scheduler Start Options

Post by radio42 »

The 'Scheduler Start' option is (as the name suggests) only valid when starting the scheduler - but not for starting 'Programs'.

If you want to start a program within the same playlist window (without opening a new playlist window), you can use one of the 'TimeUpdateSync...' program start types.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

OK, I will try later on.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, if I do not need to start the program exactly on time is it enough to set Soft TimeUpdateSync?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes.
TimeUpdateSync-Soft is the same as Soft, except, that it is using the same playlist window, instead of opening a new one.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

And what exactly will happen to playlist when new program starts and I choose Soft TimeUpdateSync? Will some playlist items be replaced with items from upcoming playlist? Of course, I will test it, I am just asking. And if I use Fixed TimeUpdate Sync what will happen? Will PF replace any items in playlist?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is the info out of the 'old' Forum:
New Program StartTypes:
2 new program 'StartTypes' have been added to regural program entries - Fixed and Soft TimeUpdateSync:
Instead of starting the program in a new playlist window an existing scheduler playlist window will be reused and a TimeUpdateSync entry is used to change the running script.

What is a TimeUpdateSync:
A TimeUpdateSync entry is a dummy playlist entry. It has no media entry assigned, but an assigned start time! When the start time stamp is due any playlist entries above the TimeUpdateSync entry will be stopped/ejected. As such the playlist will resume with the sub-sequent playlist entries following the the TimeUpdateSync entry, so its position is relevant! If the TimeUpdateSync entry is reached 'early' nothing will happen.
For program changes the TimeUpdateSync entry can now be used to switch the current running program/script within the same playlist window without creating a new one.

Note: The new TimeUpdateSync program start type will only be used, if an open and scheduled playlist window can be found - else they will behave like regular Soft resp. Fixed start types.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Hm, exactly what I thought. So it means all entries above the TimeUpdateSync entry (even manually added) will be stopped/ejected. Can I somehow achieve not to delete those entries but rather move them for example to the end of "new" playlist loaded automatically? Maybe I could use function not to automatically delete marked as played items? The idea is that I do not want to loose tracks added already manually even if new playlist is created.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

One way would be also to insert overlay item into playlist. Hm?
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, if I select option marke as played, how could I achieve items currently loaded into DJ Player are listed at top of playlist window and not in the middle. i.e. items marked as played are above these tracks loaded into DJ Player but are visiblle only if I scroll in the playlist. I do not know how to explain it more easily.
Peter