Conditional audiorouting

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
andrerotgans
Conditional audiorouting

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Can you help me with a suggestion how to handle something. I would like to make my audiorouting conditional. Normal situation : Player A, B and C are all routed to their specific in depended outputs (physical outputs on a multichannel audioboard). When Autoplay is switched to active, I would like to route all players to the output of the player which at that moment is active. So, player B is playing, autoplay is switched to active, player A and C are also routed to the physical output of player B. When autoplay is switched off, everything returns to the normal state but the current playing player will still be routed to the common output used at that moment.

Can this be somehow be done in PFOA at this moment ? You probably can guess why I would want to do this, this makes it easier for our DJ's to operate, as they don't have to open 3 faders after switching to Autoplay. And yes, it's not a big problem as it's not possible, it's just a nice addition.

Best Regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Conditional audiorouting

Post by radio42 »

Have you tried the following:
(it might not be exactly what you described...but sounds quite similar. The only difference is that it either uses the Default OR the alternative DJ Player routings)

Alternative Playlist Output Routing
See general settings, section 'Routing' ... new 'Alternative Playlist Routing' outputs for the DJ Players have been added.
A new general option 'Use Alternative Routing for Manual Playlists' might be used (if checked) for all manually created/opened playlists.
Note, that playlists created automatically by the Scheduler do always use the Default Output Routings.
In addition a new option 'UseAlternativePlaylistOutput' was added to the program scheduler entries. If selected those programs/playlists will also use the alternative DJ Player outputs (instead of the default ones).
Plus in the general setting, section 'More Stuff' a new option for the Live-Assist Operation 'Use Alternative Routing if enabled' was added:
If checked the alternative playlist output routings are used in manual Live-Assist mode.
Note, that this affects all currently opened playlists and is only changed when the Live-Assist mode is effectively toggled!

Any change of the playlist outputs are always 'smooth'; meaning, if a DJ Player is currently playing, its output is not changed immediately, but only after playback ended; else it is change directly.

These option allow a better transition for different sets of outputs. E.g. use a single mixer channel output (for all DJ Players) while in Automation-Mode and use individual channels while in Live-Assist mode...

If you really want to always use the output of the mixer the currently playing DJ Player is using, it gets a bit more complex ;-)
Are really sure you want that behavior you described?
E.g. when switching back (AutoPlay=Off) you will end up in totally random routings! E.g. when player A is currently playing it might stay to the Output B assignment (as that was the player/output being playing when you switched AutoPlay=On)?! In the end ALL players might end up using a single output all the time!
I guess this is NOT what you want...? As its totally random...
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

No, that's indeed not what I want ;) I would like to change it back to it's normal state, thus, Player A -> Output 1, Player B -> Output 2 and Player C -> Output 3.
I'll have a look into the alternative playlist output routing, however, I'd like not to 'attach' it to a certain type of playlist, more to the autoplay. I'll try and see !

Thanks,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, that can be done (as explained above):
Plus in the general setting, section 'More Stuff' a new option for the Live-Assist Operation 'Use Alternative Routing if enabled' was added.
If checked the alternative playlist output routings are used in manual Live-Assist mode (and switched back to default if in Automatic mode).
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Ok, that will do part of the job, I'll experiment with it !

Thanks,

André
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

radio42 wrote: 09 Oct 2014 15:42 Have you tried the following:
(it might not be exactly what you described...but sounds quite similar. The only difference is that it either uses the Default OR the alternative DJ Player routings)

Alternative Playlist Output Routing
See general settings, section 'Routing' ... new 'Alternative Playlist Routing' outputs for the DJ Players have been added.
A new general option 'Use Alternative Routing for Manual Playlists' might be used (if checked) for all manually created/opened playlists.
Note, that playlists created automatically by the Scheduler do always use the Default Output Routings.
In addition a new option 'UseAlternativePlaylistOutput' was added to the program scheduler entries. If selected those programs/playlists will also use the alternative DJ Player outputs (instead of the default ones).
Plus in the general setting, section 'More Stuff' a new option for the Live-Assist Operation 'Use Alternative Routing if enabled' was added:
If checked the alternative playlist output routings are used in manual Live-Assist mode.
Note, that this affects all currently opened playlists and is only changed when the Live-Assist mode is effectively toggled!

Any change of the playlist outputs are always 'smooth'; meaning, if a DJ Player is currently playing, its output is not changed immediately, but only after playback ended; else it is change directly.

These option allow a better transition for different sets of outputs. E.g. use a single mixer channel output (for all DJ Players) while in Automation-Mode and use individual channels while in Live-Assist mode...

If you really want to always use the output of the mixer the currently playing DJ Player is using, it gets a bit more complex ;-)
Are really sure you want that behavior you described?
E.g. when switching back (AutoPlay=Off) you will end up in totally random routings! E.g. when player A is currently playing it might stay to the Output B assignment (as that was the player/output being playing when you switched AutoPlay=On)?! In the end ALL players might end up using a single output all the time!
I guess this is NOT what you want...? As its totally random...
Hello, I also need to add command lines to gpio and events or just tick these options and set the routing correctly.
westendradio

Post by westendradio »

Thank you, that is what I am going to do
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When you use the option 'Use Alternative Routing for Manual Playlists' you can toggle between Manual-Live-Assist mode and Automatic-Mode either by clicking on the related ribbon tab button OR by using the PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_ON/OFF control-command.
E.g. if you have an external mixer with a Nonstop button attached, you can use that button event to fire the above control-command in you GPIO client mapping.