Overlay Question

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
djanji
Overlay Question

Post by djanji »

I have a problem in OL. When I copy the files which have already been programed in calendar it cat it in time of original written time. This work for me till now perfectly I just rewrite the files everyday and it worked. What Can I do now? Do I have reprogram all shows everyday? For example I program the News at 1615 for all year, When I record next day I just rewrite the file but live it on calendar as it was before.
Help me or is it possible to downgrade to previous version?

Jani
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlay Question

Post by radio42 »

1) please use the Q&A forum and not the News one to post questions.
As such I moved your question here!

2) I am not sure I understand your issue?!
a) How did you 'program' what exactly?
- Please let me know what type of overlay you are using (News, Script, Advert...)?
b) What do you mean by "when I copy files..." - from where to where?
- If you copy a file to a new location, why do you believe ProppFrexx does handle this?
c) When you say "it cat it in time of original written time" - what do you mean by this - I do not understand?
- Please clarify in greater detail what you mean.
d) If you overwrite a file which is being played by the overlay make sure this is done before the overlay is being started!! Maybe this is your issue?!

What version are you actually using?

Maybe your issue is, that have saved your Cue-Points for a certain (news) file to a .pfmd file or to a .pfp playlist file and as such now it uses those?

Else than that, please note, that with the latest PF version the mix-in and mix-out settings are now defined independently!
See AND read the related "News and Announcements"!
E.g. your issue might simply be, that you now need to specify a dedicated 'Mixing Time Out' for your overlay, e.g. 500 ?!
Please check this overlay entry setting - as the 'Mixing Time Out' defaults to 0 - meaning an overlay would be resumed with a NEXT cue-point!
See here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1290
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please send me one of your .pfp playlists to see if you have maybe defined cue-points for it's entries.
As this would explain the beaviour.
This however would have nothing to do with a new version or overlay, but would be normal and is even by design sll the time.
djanji

Post by djanji »

Regards Bernd,
I have the flu that's why little late with my answer.

a) How did you 'program' what exactly?
- Please let me know what type of overlay you are using (News, Script, Advert...)?
I use playlist . Firs I and every show I needed make as playlist and write it in overlay calendar.

b) What do you mean by "when I copy files..." - from where to where?
- If you copy a file to a new location, why do you believe ProppFrexx does handle this?
when I had all the shows whiten in overlay calendar I just copied the files with same name.

c) When you say "it cat it in time of original written time" - what do you mean by this - I do not understand?
- Please clarify in greater detail what you mean.
This worked perfectly until you did some changes to mixtimme in overlay, now if the file is longer than the previous show it cut it on previous time. Example file aktualno.mp3 is 23:06 lang and i copied with new aktualno.mp3 wich is 32:45 long it cut it on 23:06.

d) If you overwrite a file which is being played by the overlay make sure this is done before the overlay is being started!! Maybe this is your issue?!
no i did't not.

I try E.g. your issue might simply be, that you now need to specify a dedicated 'Mixing Time Out' for your overlay, e.g. 500 ?! but it doesn't work
Attachments
ex1.jpg
ex1.jpg (212.6 KiB) Viewed 8414 times
ol1.jpg
ol1.jpg (132.54 KiB) Viewed 8414 times
djanji

Post by djanji »

I sand you an Email regarding the php.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Your .pfp does not contain any cue-points - so maybe you are using .pfmd files?
I just tested it here with 2 different .mp3 files (the first was 2 minutes long, the second was 5 minutes long) and they both played til its end and have NOT being cut a the end - so I can not reproduce your issue here!

Please try my other suggestions as posted above using a fixed Mixing Time Out of e.g. 500ms.
Luka C

Post by Luka C »

djanji, I ufnrotanelty can't answer your question right now but would be happy to help you since I see from the screenshot you are a fellow Slovenian broadcaster. With Bernd's kind help, we've implemented PF back in May.
We can that way share experience and solve this troubling question in Slovene :) Reach me at luka@radiomars.si.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any News?
- Are you using .pfmd files?
- Did changing the Mixing Timing Out to 500ms help to resolve your issue?