Encoding/Recording questions

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Quentin D
Encoding/Recording questions

Post by Quentin D »

I have 2 questions about recording and encoding.

1. I would like to set the paths for the recordings based on date (on my previous system i used a bash script to do that) :
Rec Output path :

Code: Select all

F:\Radio\${yyyy}-${MM}-${dd}
[/b]
Recording Filename :

Code: Select all

OUT ${yyyy}-${MM}-${dd} ${HH}-${mm}
The recording filename works but not on the path. Is it possible to get it work?

2. I made a test with the ogg streaming encoder. If I use the exactly the same profile to record a mixer as the streaming server, is it possible to have only one instance of oggenc2.exe to save cpu usage? For the moment i get 2 instances (see attachment).

Thanks again!

Quentin
Attachments
oggenc2.png
oggenc2.png (26.59 KiB) Viewed 4564 times
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Encoding/Recording questions

Post by radio42 »

1) Currently the macros can only be used for the recording filenames.
The recording folder is at the moment not dynamic (leveraging any macros), as otherwise the house keeping (automatic clean up, e.g. after 90 days would not work).
However, I might take a look, if it is possible to add such option (the automatic clean up would in such case not work anymore).
As a workaround you might run a small script once a day; which moves your OUT files of the previous day from the fixed recording folder to a new folder.

2) I am afraid this is not possible. The reason behind is a limitation of the audio lib I am using, which uses command-line encoders and captures the STDOUT of those encoders and process this directly. So I would have no chance in getting the encoders output and serve it to two different sinks in parallel (i.e. for streaming and to a file output).
6,5% resp. 8,8% CPU usage looks quite high. On my laptop (i5; 2,2GHz) oggenc2 uses roughly 1,5% to 2% - so what CPU are you using? lame for example uses less than 1% on my laptop...
Jungledede

Post by Jungledede »

hello, my laptop vith C2D T5600 oggenc2 use an average of 15-18%.... lame use nothing for example
Quentin D

Post by Quentin D »

radio42 wrote:1) Currently the macros can only be used for the recording filenames.
The recording folder is at the moment not dynamic (leveraging any macros), as otherwise the house keeping (automatic clean up, e.g. after 90 days would not work).
However, I might take a look, if it is possible to add such option (the automatic clean up would in such case not work anymore).
It would be nice if you add the option, even if the automatic cleaning is not working when its enabled.
radio42 wrote:As a workaround you might run a small script once a day; which moves your OUT files of the previous day from the fixed recording folder to a new folder.
That's the idea i had, but i'd prefer a proper integration. However i could use it to clean folders older than x days.
radio42 wrote:2) I am afraid this is not possible. The reason behind is a limitation of the audio lib I am using, which uses command-line encoders and captures the STDOUT of those encoders and process this directly. So I would have no chance in getting the encoders output and serve it to two different sinks in parallel (i.e. for streaming and to a file output).
6,5% resp. 8,8% CPU usage looks quite high. On my laptop (i5; 2,2GHz) oggenc2 uses roughly 1,5% to 2% - so what CPU are you using? lame for example uses less than 1% on my laptop...
Ok, it was just to be sure i haven't forgot any parameters. The screenshot has been taken from a laptop, but i plan to install PF on a desktop system (Core i7) and i think the cpu usage will be lower.

Thanks again for you support :)