Repeat a playlist generated by script

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Quentin D
Repeat a playlist generated by script

Post by Quentin D »

Hello,
I have another question, is it possible to repeat a playlist generated by a script?
For example, at the end of 3h a regular show, can I save the playlist to repeat it to another 3h slot?
Thank you
Quentin D
Re: Repeat a playlist generated by script

Post by Quentin D »

radio42 wrote:Do you mean to repeat a 'playlist' which was dynamically be generated by the program scheduler (resp. the underlying script)?
If yes, I am afraid that this is currently not possible. Such feature might theoretically be added somehow, but I wouldn't understand why this would be needed?
I understand you're wondering about this request, the idea was to repeat an afternoon playlist at night properly to avoid "wasting playing entries" (it's for a personal radio and there is nearly no chance i listen to it at the middle of the night). I saw when i close PF it asks if i want to save the current playlist, can this be achieved with an automatic command? I haven't found this in the manual...
radio42 wrote:As the content was originally dynamic, you might simply re-run the script (which of course wouldn't result in the exact same playlist), but used the same script.
Also what should be happening, if the program/script running is modified by a user/DJ in between? I guess all this couldn't be fully captures?!
Yes, in this case it would be useless... But as i said, i'm the only user ;)

Thanks again for your support!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Do you mean to repeat a 'playlist' which was dynamically be generated by the program scheduler (resp. the underlying script)?
If yes, I am afraid that this is currently not possible. Such feature might theoretically be added somehow, but I wouldn't understand why this would be needed?
As the content was originally dynamic, you might simply re-run the script (which of course wouldn't result in the exact same playlist), but used the same script.
Also what should be happening, if the program/script running is modified by a user/DJ in between? I guess all this couldn't be fully captures?!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is a PLS_CURRENT_SAVE command, but that invokes a manual save.
However, playlists generated by the scheduler don't come with a filename of course (as they are just automatically generated).
As such saving them would involve a manual assignment of a filename - meaning a user interaction.
In addition (depending on the settings), an automatic playlist might remove played tracks automatically from the playlist - thus a simple save might not save all tracks used in the last '3 hours'.

But what do you mean by avoid "wasting playing entries" ?

However, I'll take a look, if something can be done easily...
Quentin D

Post by Quentin D »

I don't know how to explain, i mean the songs played at night will be marked as played and i'm quite sure to not hear them...
But keep it simple, the equivalent command of "Save > Save Playlist As... > Playlist_name.pfp" would do the job ;)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll see what can be done...
Quentin D

Post by Quentin D »

Thank you!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new v4.0.0.10-beta is available (“Check for Beta-Versions…” under the blue question mark icon at the very top right).

It adds support of the ${yyyy}, ${MM} and ${dd} macros for the 'Rec. Output Path'.
(see general settings, section 'Encoding/Recording' in the Recording Settings group)
Note, that if a dynamic subfolder using the macros is used, that the automatic clean up might not work anymore and you must maintain your files manually.

In addition a new 'Option' was added for program scheduler entries:
SaveScheduledPlaylistFile: If checked, the scheduled and played entries are saved in a .pfp playlist file into the standard Recording Output Folder (see abobe).
The naming of these playlist files is always: "yyyyMMdd_HHmm.pfp" - according to the start date and time of the related program.
This should easily allow you to repeat a previously scheduled playlist.

In order to do so, you might create a script with a 'LoadPlaylist' script-line.
In the entry of such 'LoadPlaylist' script-line you might use the ${start_yyyy}, ${start_MM}, ... etc. macros!
And/or use the *[DATE] macro function to perform so calculation on it.

Example1:
If you want to repeat in the evening a program of the day (lets say, that this is exactly 7 hours later on the same date), you can specify the following LoadPlaylist script-line entry:
C:\My Music\*[DATE:{${start}}:{hours}:{-7}:{yyyyMMdd_HHmm}].pfp

Example2:
If you want to repeat a program which played at 10:00h, but 3 days later, you can specify the following LoadPlaylist script-line entry:
C:\My Music\*[DATE:{${start_yyyy}-${start_MM}-${start_dd}}:{days}:{-3}:{yyyyMMdd}]_1000.pfp
Quentin D

Post by Quentin D »

Thanks for filling my requests, that's exactly what i needed!

I'll wait for the next stable version, which should be available soon? (the pc where PF is installed has no internet access at the moment).