Mixer Settings for use without console

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
hdradio
Mixer Settings for use without console

Post by hdradio »

Hello Bernd.
I 'd like some help to setup PFOA to use it's mixing faders without any external mixing console.
I have currently 3 (hardware) sound outputs. I can use more if needed.

What I need is:
Output1: Main out. Will feed the streaming server, barix instreamer etc.
Output2: Monitor out (loudspeakers).
Output3: PFL (earphones). If PFL is off, it will be the same to Output1.
Output4: Virtual sound card (send to skype, voip, etc). Will be mix minus. Will send all channels but LineIn2.

LineIn1: Mic Input. Will send to Output1, Output4.
LineIn2: virtual sound card (receive from skype, voip, etc). Will send to Output1, Output2, Output3.

When LineIn1 fader is down or this channel is off, audio will feed Output2.
If LineIn1 fader is up or the channel is on, Output2 will mute.

What I also want is to be able to talk to voip off air (while Output4 fader is down).

Is that all possible ?
hdradio
Re: Mixer Settings for use without console

Post by hdradio »

Can you explain what is AutoSND2 ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The 'AutoSND2' (make a right-click on the SND button) allows you to automatically activate the SND function with certain events.
E.g. the 'AutoSND2 - No PFL' function activates the SND function whenever no pre-fade listening action is currently in progress (meaning no pfl player is visible, no QuickPlayer track is played, no Segue Editor is open).
This is for example useful to route a default output mixer channel to your PFL mixer channel - so that you hear the regular audio when you don't do any pre-fade listening; but to stop the routing whenever you are pre-fade listening something...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, all that should be possible - almost exactly as you described it.
Note, that each mixer in its configuration dialog only supports one dedicated 'Output To' resp. 'Copy To' setting. If you need more (like in your example), you can simply use the SND function instead. Just make a right click on the SND button to select all the mixers you want the signal to copy to.

Here is the rough setup plan:

Output Mixers:
-------------------
PLAY:
- Driver Model: NONE
- Copy To: OUT1
- Apply Master Volume: Yes
- Mute On Talkover: No
Use this mixer channel for all your regular player routings, DJ PLayer A...D, Standby, CW I, II, MOD and Overlay.
- SND: OUT2, OUT4 (AutoSND2 - Off)

OUT1:
- Driver Model: ASIO/WASAPI; Device: your 1st device pair
- Copy To: --
- Apply Master Volume: No
- SND: PFL (with 'AutoSND2' at 'No PFL')

OUT2:
- Driver Model: ASIO/WASAPI; Device: your 2nd device pair
- Mute On Talkover: Yes

PFL:
- Driver Model: ASIO/WASAPI; Device: your 3rd device pair
Use this mixer channel for the pfl routings, PFL PLayer, QucikPlayer.

OUT4:
- Driver Model: ASIO/WASAPI; Device: your virtual sound card

Input Mixers:
-----------------
IN1:
- Driver Model: ASIO/WASAPI; Device: your 1st input device pair
- Output To: OUT1
- Mute On Overlay: No
- Unmute On Talkover: Yes
- SND: OUT4 (AutoSND2 - Off)

IN2:
- Driver Model: ASIO/WASAPI; Device: your virtual sound card
- Output To: OUT1
- Mute On Overlay: No
- Unmute On Talkover: No
- SND: OUT2, PFL (AutoSND2 - Off)
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Hello
with this Here is the rough setup plan: can i do this with my Telos Axia mixer?
i have 4 virtual audio sound cards and 4 VB-Audio A B C D
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What would you like to do? The original post is talking about a setup without having any mixer console. You seems to have an Axia mixer and/or virtual audio cards.
Both is supported as normal audio devices in ProppFrexx.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Yes so how about with Axia mixer?
how do i do my GPIO? livewire? setup

I need to setup b/c when i need to cool off my Axia i need to setup the mix on the PC
so the Axia engine to cool off from over hitting
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess your question is not related to this initial question, so a new topic would be more useful, but...

The Livewire+ GPIO devie mapping is done in an extra application called "ProppFrexx GPIOClient".

Within ProppFrexx OANIR the ‘GPIO Extension Service’ must be enabled in order to use the above (see general settings, section ‘GPIO/Remoting’)!
By default this also automatically starts the “ProppFrexx GPIOClient” application (see ’GPIO Services’).
The ‘password’ to be used with the “ProppFrexx GPIOClient” application is always the same password as defined in the general settings, section ‘GPIO/Remoting’ for the ‘TCP RemoteControl Server’.
(the default is ‘ProppFrexx’)

But I assume, that you got that already started and connected, as you showed me some screenshots here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2839&p=15584&hilit=gpio#p15584

The setup of the Livewire+ mapping is also done in the GPIO Client application in the Livewire+ tab, in which you click on the flash icon next to the mapping name (default name is actually Default).
A mapping means you define:
1) an incoming Livewire event (which is a combination of Type, Port, Pin and State)
2) a control-command which should be executed when exactly this event is received
will be
As such, you have (in the mapping) many entries. One for each exact event for which you want to execute a control-command.
Examples:
Type=GPO, Port=1, Pin=1, State=H => PLS_CURRENT_PLAYPAUSENOFADE_A
Type=GPO, Port=2, Pin=1, State=H => PLS_CURRENT_PLAYPAUSENOFADE_B
Type=GPO, Port=3, Pin=1, State=H => PLS_CURRENT_PLAYPAUSENOFADE_C

The control-commands are explained here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... p?f=9&t=12
You find all commands in the Appendix of the user manual! That Appendix is actually always accurate and maintained.

When no AXIA is connected, no event will be received and no control-command is received. You can still either use the User Interface, keyboard to trigger the same action.
Or run the software in full Automation mode (no Manual Live-Assist - see the same button! to toggle that mode to AutoPlay)!

What the system is doing, when you click on the 'Manual Live-Assist' button is defined in the general settings, section More Stuff - and click on the button 'Manual Operations...'!

Note, that when using an external mixer, you typically have a dedicated mixer output channels for each DJ Player, e.g. OUTA, OUTB, OUTC. This to control each DJ Player to a dedicated sound output when using the Manual Live-Assist mode (each DJ Player is routed to its individual output channel, which then goes to your external mixer).
When you now switch to the automatic AutoPlay mode, this means, you must open all 3 external Faders, so that you on-air the sound of all 3 DJ Players - something people often forget.
Therefore you have an option to use an Alternative Routing when you toggle Between Manual Live-Assist and Auto mode. The Alternative Routing allows you to for example only use one single output for all 2 DJ Players in Automatic mode but use three outputs in Manual mode (see the general settings, section Routing for details).

Again click on the '?' icon to get more help in all dialogs...
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

radio42 wrote: 06 Jul 2021 23:01 I guess your question is not related to this initial question, so a new topic would be more useful, but...

The Livewire+ GPIO devie mapping is done in an extra application called "ProppFrexx GPIOClient".

Within ProppFrexx OANIR the ‘GPIO Extension Service’ must be enabled in order to use the above (see general settings, section ‘GPIO/Remoting’)!
By default this also automatically starts the “ProppFrexx GPIOClient” application (see ’GPIO Services’).
The ‘password’ to be used with the “ProppFrexx GPIOClient” application is always the same password as defined in the general settings, section ‘GPIO/Remoting’ for the ‘TCP RemoteControl Server’.
(the default is ‘ProppFrexx’)

But I assume, that you got that already started and connected, as you showed me some screenshots here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2839&p=15584&hilit=gpio#p15584

The setup of the Livewire+ mapping is also done in the GPIO Client application in the Livewire+ tab, in which you click on the flash icon next to the mapping name (default name is actually Default).
A mapping means you define:
1) an incoming Livewire event (which is a combination of Type, Port, Pin and State)
2) a control-command which should be executed when exactly this event is received
will be
As such, you have (in the mapping) many entries. One for each exact event for which you want to execute a control-command.
Examples:
Type=GPO, Port=1, Pin=1, Sate=H => PLS_CURRENT_PLAYPAUSENOFADE_A
Type=GPO, Port=2, Pin=1, Sate=H => PLS_CURRENT_PLAYPAUSENOFADE_B
Type=GPO, Port=3, Pin=1, Sate=H => PLS_CURRENT_PLAYPAUSENOFADE_C

The control-commands are explained here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... p?f=9&t=12
You find all commands in the Appendix of the user manual! That Appendix is actually always accurate and maintained.

When no AXIA is connected, no event will be received and no control-command is received. You can still either use the User Interface, keyboard to trigger the same action.
Or run the software in full Automation mode (no Manual Live-Assist - see the same button! to toggle that mode to AutoPlay)!

What the system is doing, when you click on the 'Manual Live-Assist' button is defined in the general settings, section More Stuff - and click on the button 'Manual Operations...'!

Note, that when using an external mixer, you typically have a dedicated mixer output channels for each DJ Player, e.g. OUTA, OUTB, OUTC. This to control each DJ Player to a dedicated sound output when using the Manual Live-Assist mode (each DJ Player is routed to its individual output channel, which then goes to your external mixer).
When you now switch to the automatic AutoPlay mode, this means, you must open all 3 external Faders, so that you on-air the sound of all 3 DJ Players - something people often forget.
Therefore you have an option to use an Alternative Routing when you toggle Between Manual Live-Assist and Auto mode. The Alternative Routing allows you to for example only use one single output for all 2 DJ Players in Automatic mode but use three outputs in Manual mode (see the general settings, section Routing for details).

Again click on the '?' icon to get more help in all dialogs...
Axia told me this i send them what you told me this is what they say

So it looks like the command might be right but is this looking at the IP Driver directly on the machine.

Which if that is the case then you need to map the GPIO from the QOR Console to the IP Driver. You can do that either via Pathfinder if you have it. OR you can do snake mode which will map the outputs of the QOR GPIO to the Inputs of the IP Driver. All you need to do is on the IP Driver in the GPIO section type the IP Address for the QOR / port which is the GPIO number.

Example: 192.168.2.30/1 (this means GPIO 1 or Port 1)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The IP Address of your Axia (Livewire+) device is defined in the GPIO Client application. So I am communicating directly with exactly that IP address - no matter where this is physically located.
The rest what Axia told you is Axia specific (PathfinderPC, snake mode etc.) - this is not relevant or related to ProppFrexx.