Mixer Settings for use without console

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
ketofm
Re: Mixer Settings for use without console

Post by ketofm »

Thank you

Last time you told me watch tutorial Videos.
But, you only have DandR mix Tutorial Videos but you dont have tutorial Videos for Axia (Livewire+) device GPIO...

i pay for the proppfrexx software but still i can't use it b/c i'm going back in forth the to get help...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, there is no tutorial video explicitly for Axia!
But the logic and the way how it works is always the same.
And that’s why I explained it to you here in the forum - it is a simple mapping you need to setup, nothing complicated.

I still don’t know, what your exact issue is and what exactly you have tried. I do far explained really a lot here - but never got any useful feedback from you.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Yes i have seen it

On video, using D&R Airlite you use USB but on use Axia Livewire we use RJ45 its not the USB its not the same

You even have configuration files for D&R Airlite and ProppFrexx On Air: but not for Axia Livewire configuration files!
https://github.com/benhartwich/proppf...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Of course the connection type is different, but that doesn’t matter at all!
Livewire+ as well as other protocols (eg. Ember+, OSC etc.) do use TCP/IP for the connection.
But the physical connection is irrelevant - except, that you need a connection of course - but this is something you need to solve anyhow and is nothing ProppFrexx or I can tell you. Your network admin needs to solve any connection issue (if that is your case? - still, I don’t even know what your problem is effectively?!)

Also note, that I don’t even provide the D&R config files. ProppFrexx provides the freely configuration possibilities. The effective implementation have been provided by users.

So users, eg. you, might provide the same for Axia. I k ie, that other users already use Axia, but so far no one was so generous to feedback the back to the community.
The same is also true for Ember+ for example.

The reason is very simple. I do support too many Interfaxes and protocols, so I can only offer the possibility to configure it all, but the physical implementation is often so different and dependent on the environment, that many users use that differently.

However, for Axia the only thing to configure is the very simple GPO resp. GPI mapping. This is so simple (as explained), that this should be rather easy to configure.

So is your issue a connection problem or is it a mapping issue?
Whatever it is, whatever it is, instead of every time asking for a tutorial video, why don’t you exactly describe your detailed issue?!
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Thank you

here is what i like to know

ProppFrexx GPIOClient Yes
GPIO Extension Service’ enabled

I want to execute a control-command for DJ A (player A)
Screenshot (29).jpg
I need to use my Axia feeder #3 for DJ A, #4 for DJ B and #5 for DJ C

so, now how do i setup my GPIO for DJ A ( to paly Cued or Pause in my Feder?)

how do the Axia know what i need to do?
Last edited by ketofm on 23 Jul 2021 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I still do not understand, what these questions would have to do with the original topic, but this is a different story ;-)

Regardless…
Let’s first make sure you really enabled the Livewire option in the GPIO client. See here: viewtopic.php?p=15178

A) What exact version of ProppFrexx are you using?
B) Have tried what I described in the above post?
C) Is the “Livewire+ Device” option enabled on the Main tab?
D) What exactly do you see (is the output) when you now click on the ‘Monitor’ button AND press a fader/button

If you see nothing in the Monitor output there is a config/configuration issue in general with the Axia.
In that case, see here and report what you get with this simple telnet connection:
https://mediarealm.com.au/articles/debu ... io-telnet/
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

radio42 wrote: 23 Jul 2021 10:12 I still do not understand, what these questions would have to do with the original topic, but this is a different story ;-)

Regardless…
Let’s first make sure you really enabled the Livewire option in the GPIO client. See here: viewtopic.php?p=15178

A) What exact version of ProppFrexx are you using?
Enterprise
Edition (Commercial)
Screenshot (29).jpg
B) Have tried what I described in the above post?
Yes, did you see the screenshot
Screenshot (30).jpg
C) Is the “Livewire+ Device” option enabled on the Main tab?
Yes see my screenshot
Screenshot (31).jpg
D) What exactly do you see (is the output) when you now click on the ‘Monitor’ button AND press a fader/button
see the screenshot nothing i dont see anyting

If you see nothing in the Monitor output there is a config/configuration issue in general with the Axia.
In that case, see here and report what you get with this simple telnet connection:
https://mediarealm.com.au/articles/debu ... io-telnet/
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A) I meant the version number, which needs to be v4.2.5.2 or higher

B) + C) thanks

D) If you do not see anything, it seems to be, that no GPO or GPI event is being triggered/send to ProppFrexx, which is maybe an Axia config issue.
The last link I did send you might clarify why this is, but in the end this needs to be solved by the Axia admin.
As Axia said, it might need to be configured via the Axia ParhfinderPC application?! But I am not an Axia expert.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

radio42 wrote: 23 Jul 2021 14:59 A) I meant the version number, which needs to be v4.2.5.2 or higher

YES, higher the new one

B) + C) thanks

D) If you do not see anything, it seems to be, that no GPO or GPI event is being triggered/send to ProppFrexx,

Yes, i have some one is helping me from Axia Telos, but the like to know more about ProppFrexx GPIO client...

what they need to do to he,p me....

This is what they told me

Here are the things none of us are experts in this software you are using, you will need to call their support for any help in integrating their system with our stuff.

But from what I see, is that the software is supposed to watch a trigger from IP Driver then activate that action that you determined.

If you want to test this. Telnet into port 93 on the Livewire side. The run GPIO commands.

LOGIN
ADD GPI
ADD GPO

GPI 1 Lhhhh (This command will trigger pin 1 on port 1)

The snake mode will allow physical GPIO ports from the QOR to interact with the software.

Best regards,
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is exactly what I told you (almost the same as Axia is telling you):
Someone needs to open a telnet connection manually (I can not do that from Germany, as you have no public connection).

ProppFrexx is following exactly this protocol:
https://www.telosalliance.com/images/Ax ... r_GPIO.pdf

I.e. ProppFrexx opens a TCP/IP socket connection on the given IP address and Port. It than sends the commands
ADD GPO and
ADD GPI

And wait than waits for responses - which would be displayed in the monitor windows (as explained).
But as you say, nothing comes back…
Note, that by default I do not send the LOGIN command,
as this is not specified in the above document. But you might use the ‘Login’ option in the config- click on the ‘?’ Icon to get more help about this option.

So it all must be manually tested, why nothing is coming back from the Axia connection ?!
Nothing however, I can test or done from here.
That’s even, why I send you the partner link, to help - but that cost money…
If Axia is willing to help you for free.. perfect, now they even know exactly what ProppFrexx is doing internally.

I.e. no custom messages, no other PC in between, no config, I.e. ProppFrexx connects and listens to messages, via the ADD GPO/GPI message - but it seems not to be coming.