[Solved] Rearrange cards in cardwall

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
szal77
[Solved] Rearrange cards in cardwall

Post by szal77 »

Hi,

I have created a cardwall ‘page’ with ~25 cardwall entries for one show and later decided that I want to reposition some of the cards within the cardwall to be more easily reachable. Is this possible, and if so, how?

If it is not possible at the moment, I would like to see this implemented, perhaps in a drag-and-drop fashion, i.e., grabbing one or more cards (by selecting more than one, if possible) with the mouse and putting them at the position within the cardwall window where the mouse button is released, ideally combined with a lock/unlock feature to prevent cards from being accidentally moved.

Thank you very much. :)
Last edited by szal77 on 13 Aug 2012 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Rearrange cards in cardwall

Post by radio42 »

Cards displayed in the cardwall are related to the selected cardwall library.
The position of the card always reflects the position of the entry within this cardwall library.

When using a playlist based cardwall library you can therefore easily define the position of each card, by reordering the related playlist.
E.g. click on the 'Edit' button within the cardwall toolbar. This will open the related cardwall library in a playlist window.
Here you can reorder the entried by e.g. drag&drop or by using the SHIFT+ALT+KeyUp/Down keys.
When done clise the playlist and save it.
This will automatically reload the cardwall and the cards are reordered accordingly.
szal77
Re: Rearrange cards in cardwall

Post by szal77 »

This works very well. Thank you very much. :)