Cartwall cart loaded send a midi message

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Frank1977
Cartwall cart loaded send a midi message

Post by Frank1977 »

hello,

I have a question about the cartwall and midi! If I make a new cart in the cartwall1 on the load of a audiofile that i have selected than I want too send A midi message to my launchpad So that the position on the controller have a light
that it is active. So if i have 12 jingles in my cartwall than on my launchpad there are
12 light on air. :)

I see not a appendix with the command "cartwall cart 1 on loaded.....do that" and in the manual.

Another question:

the controller : Launchpad mini mk2 it can work with red, green,yellow collours, on the cartwall right mouse click you can select type or cart color, Is this a option too work with the controller with midi and how too make it work with my controller?

Thanks frank
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Cartwall cart loaded send a midi message

Post by radio42 »

a) All cartwall events are listed in the general settings, e.g. there is the 'OnCartwallChanged' event, which is triggered when a new cartwall lib is selected and being displayed. E.g. this might be used to update your launchpad.
But there is no event available in case you manually add a new cart to an existing lib. Cartwall libs itself are seen as rather static than dynamic.
There are currently also no plans to add such events.

b) I don't know you controller and the related MIDI commands it needs. I assume you need to consult your controller manufacturer for more info. However, I assume, that there is no way to transmit the color of a cart in ProppFrexx to the controller. There is not even a related macro available.

The green, yellow, red colors can much better be used, in case a cart is selected, playing, looped etc.

Note, that there is a OSC sample available (which does not use MIDI, but OSC). This sample demos a lot of event options especially around the cartwalls, so you might take a look at it, as a pure reference/help for your launchpad integration.
See here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23
Frank1977
Re: Cartwall cart loaded send a midi message

Post by Frank1977 »

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the answers.

I'm gonnna look at the osc, and look for maybe intergration, the Answer about the cartwall lib is also a option for my launchpad.